ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does passport office knows about AN approval

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zunera mahmood

Does passport office knows about AN approval

Post by zunera mahmood » Fri May 27, 2016 2:05 pm

Hello
As the title suggests ..can the passport people tell us about the progress or status on our AN application..
As in my case I had made a joint combined application with my son on 1 march...as my son s approval came on the 5 may ..I called up the passport office a week ago asking about the progress of his passport but they said till my application is not processes so his passport application will be on hold ..
And they asked me to wait ...

So today I rang again on the passport helpline number the 0300 nber...there the lady transferred me to the concerned office where they have all the details...and I gave her my reference nner too and she said that on the system it s showing that my application is also approved on the 5 may ...and thier wating for the ceremony update so that they can process my application.....
But I have not received anything as yet from the home office nor from the council...I even called the council and they haveven no certificate on my name..

So my question is ...is it possible the passport office Has information regarding the AN approval ..
Please can anyone advise and help ..as I'm still wating to hear anything..

Thanks in advance.
zunera

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Does passport office knows about AN approval

Post by CR001 » Fri May 27, 2016 2:27 pm

No not usually. The JCAP system might be slightly different though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Krish19
Mood:
India

Post by Krish19 » Fri May 27, 2016 2:29 pm

i called them as well and they said we only get information after the ceremony. but you mentioned another department what dept is that?

zunera mahmood

Post by zunera mahmood » Fri May 27, 2016 2:33 pm

They gave me a number that was 020-3450883.
Thier I got this information..I don't know if I should believe or not...don't know what to do ???
zunera

Krish19
Mood:
India

Post by Krish19 » Fri May 27, 2016 2:40 pm

you are missing another number you should have 10 digits.

zunera mahmood

Post by zunera mahmood » Fri May 27, 2016 6:33 pm

Sorry for the late reply...the number I called was 020- 34508883.
It's the passport head office number ..that's the lady told me ...
But I saw u goto your approval today ..so congratulations on that's..so your passport must be on the way ...

Can u shed some light ..Abouthe your conversation with the passport office ..
thanks
zunera

Krish19
Mood:
India

Post by Krish19 » Fri May 27, 2016 7:34 pm

As I already mentioned they said they don't have any update on their file.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri May 27, 2016 9:11 pm

Unless there has been a very recent change to the JCAP process, the passport office will not receive any information about your AN application or status. All they will be notified of is, that you have attended your citizenship ceremony - which will only happen after you receive a approval letter from the HO and the council book a ceremony date for you. It's only after this that HMPO will process your passport application.

As you say you haven't received the HO approval letter, and have also contacted your local council and they have stated that they haven't received your certificate, it would be fair to assume that it's still in process.

KA941
United Kingdom

Post by KA941 » Sat May 28, 2016 12:46 am

I can see where you are coming from zunera happened to me as well!
I had issues with passport (applied through JCAP) as passport office kept saying the passport can't be issued as they haven't received the confirmation of ceremony attendance.
After speaking to few people in HMPO and when they read out notes on the application it became clear that they certainly get a confirmation of approval usually a day or 2 days before the date mentioned on the letter. In my case date was 31.3 but HMPO had 29.3 as approval date.
It was reconfirmed when earlier this week I called for my wife's update and they said the application was approved on 12.5 but we only got the letter on 27.5 with 13.5 as approval date.
Key however is that you can speak to someone nice who is willing to provide updated notes

Keep faith I'm sure your letter will come soon or may be by the time you read this :D

zunera mahmood

Post by zunera mahmood » Sat May 28, 2016 2:25 am

ThankS a lot dear KA941......for giving me a ray of hope and for being so positive ....I really hope and pray that it's true...and I recieve my approval letter soon ....as it's so frustrating that as I applied together with my son ....and I'm still wating for my approval...either it's the delay from the post or what as from the information I got today from the passport office that I had my approval done on the same day as my sons ....but I don't know what's the delay in posting.....
I'm hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that this long journey ends soon ....

Thanks once again ....to cs95tdg also for replying and giving the information...
zunera

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 28, 2016 9:06 am

Can you just confirm that you have attended your Citizenship ceremony? Your passport won't be issued until you have done this but your son as a minor isn't required to attend a ceremony.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

zunera mahmood

Post by zunera mahmood » Sat May 28, 2016 9:24 am

No casa..I'm still wating for my approval letter so no citizenship ceremony till now ...
My son got his naturalisation certificate in post..as he was minor ...so no ceremony for him too ..
I was calling the passport office to enquire about his passport but they say they will only process if my application is processed ...
So now I'm onot wating ....and hoping something arrives next week..
Thanks ..
zunera

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 28, 2016 9:32 am

The Passport Office shouldn't have told you that your passport will soon be on it's way to you, as they are a separate department from the BC decision makers. You will have to wait for confirmation that your BC application has been approved and have received your ceremony invitation letter. Only once you have attended the ceremony and received your citizenship certificate can your passport be issued.
Someone else may be able to explain why your son's passport is held until your own passport is ready for dispatch.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:46 pm

All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.