ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 Months No response - Family Permit (urgent advice pls)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mylink
Newly Registered

3 Months No response - Family Permit (urgent advice pls)

Post by Mylink » Sat May 28, 2016 6:33 am

Hi guys, I hope someone can help and advice pls...

It's been 3 months since we applied for my husbands family permit and we still haven't had any response.

We relocated to Ireland Dec 2014. He was given his 5 years recidence card in Ireland in Dec 2015. So we opted for the Family permit route as we were advice - We cannot simple travel back to UK under via Surinder Singh/ "mccarthy" due to the fact he has a DO (deportation order).

We only have 1 email from UKBA which said that my husband's case is not straight forward and to expect "some" delays but that was 2 1/2 months ago.

We contacted solvit and opened a case with them but they've said it can take up to 10weeks.

My mother-inlaws' health is very bad (liver cirrhosis) and getting worse by the day and this is the main desperation of why he wants to go and see her.
We are at lost of what else we can do... Not really sure where to go from here.

Any advice will be great pls.

Thank you.

Member of Standing

Re: 3 Months No response - Family Permit (urgent advice pls)

Post by member » Sat May 28, 2016 8:15 am

What is his immigration history in the UK?

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Sat May 28, 2016 8:55 am

Also what is his nationality what is yours and where is his mother?

Mylink
Newly Registered

Post by Mylink » Sat May 28, 2016 9:47 am

Hi guys, thanks for replying.

Is UK immigration history is not good.
He has a deportation order and was removed from the UK 2014. The deportation was because he caught working with a fake passport. He was given a twelve months sentence with an automatic deportation order. After his deportation we decided to relocated with our child to Ireland. I'm British by birth so we started the Surinder Singh journey Dec 2014.

He was given a visa to join me in Ireland in April 2015, he was not deem a treat under the EU law as his sentence was under 24months. But under UK law it's deferent for us.

Not sure what else to do...

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat May 28, 2016 10:35 am

The deportation is likely to be the complication here.
Case may have been referred to higher authorities.

See https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ingh-cases
Where an applicant is the subject of a deportation or exclusion order. The applicant must apply first for the order to be revoked. If successful, upon application for the family permit, the case must be referred to Euro Casework.
There is no provision that I know of for a fast-track or to expedite on compassionate grounds.
Probably just a case of sitting it out.

Suggest preparing a Plan B ie hope for the best but plan for the worst.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Mylink
Newly Registered

Post by Mylink » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:46 am

Thank you for your advice.

It's been so so tough waiting and waiting. Just wish there was something else we could do in the mean time.