ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General extension queries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nagarjunareddy04
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General extension queries

Post by nagarjunareddy04 » Sat May 28, 2016 7:46 pm

Hi All,

Can someone please help some of my below Queries?

I am currently under Tier 2 General Visa and will be expiring in Mid September. I would like to go with extension. So, I have got below queries.

1. While applying for the CoS allocation what are the options we need to select in the form (in SMS) ? Do I need to select CoS for New Entrants or Tier 2 Dependants. ? (not sure about this option)
2. Do we need to select Is the job on the current shortage occupation list in CoS ??
3. DO we need to select Have you met the resident labour market test (I haven't done this and this is mandatory field) ??

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Venkata Avula

noajthan

Re: Tier 2 General extension queries

Post by noajthan » Sat May 28, 2016 8:08 pm

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 29, 2016 12:51 am

nagarjunareddy04 wrote:Hi All,

Can someone please help some of my below Queries?

I am currently under Tier 2 General Visa and will be expiring in Mid September. I would like to go with extension. So, I have got below queries.

1. While applying for the CoS allocation what are the options we need to select in the form (in SMS) ? Do I need to select CoS for New Entrants or Tier 2 Dependants. ? (not sure about this option)
2. Do we need to select Is the job on the current shortage occupation list in CoS ??
3. DO we need to select Have you met the resident labour market test (I haven't done this and this is mandatory field) ??

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Venkata Avula
I would be really concerned if your employer doesn't know how to answer these questions being an approved sponsor. They have to complete this, not you as the applicant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun May 29, 2016 12:56 am

- and why are you doing the employer's work by filling in SMS?
After all you are an interested party with a vested interest in the outcome of all this.

tckraju
United Kingdom

Post by tckraju » Mon May 30, 2016 9:30 am

Hi,

Go to Workers (Left hand side in SMS) --> Create and Assign --> He are the optins
1.) Are you applying for a wroker who is a national of a European Union accession country? (Choose which ever applies to you)
2.) Select the Tier (Tier 2)
3.) Select the category (Tier 2 General)
4.) Select the sub-category (General(extensions)

Click Next --> Create a new single certificate --> Click Next
This answer is for both question 2 and 3 combined. There are radio buttons next to these two questions. However you can select only one of them. In your case, you will select the radio button next to "Have you met resident labour market test". In the details section, you may write comments "The employee is exempt from resident labour market test since this is his Tier-2 General extension and has been working in the same position in the company since his first Tier-2 Visa.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon May 30, 2016 10:21 am

Before giving you access to the SMS your sponsor should consider this:

Your user ID and password are for your use only and must be kept secure. You must never disclose your password to another person. The details of penalties that can be imposed for disclosing your password or any other breach of your sponsor duties can be found in the guidance for sponsors.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... to_SMS.pdf

tckraju
United Kingdom

Post by tckraju » Mon May 30, 2016 10:27 am

Hi All,

You dont need a login and password to get this info.

Just visit the following link from UKBA that has all the screen shots on how to use the system.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ng_CoS.pdf

Hope this helps.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon May 30, 2016 1:56 pm

OP is clearly entering the SMS.
This should be a concern.
While applying for the CoS allocation what are the options we need to select in the form (in SMS) ? Do I need to select CoS for New Entrants or Tier 2 Dependants. ? (not sure about this option)