ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation as homemaker with EEA PR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

guidov
Newly Registered

Naturalisation as homemaker with EEA PR

Post by guidov » Sun May 29, 2016 3:29 pm

Hello,

I have obtained PR as an extended family member of an EEA citizen and I'm a homemaker, my EEA partner works.

I hope someone can help me with some questions for when I apply for naturalisation through the AN form:

Q1) I am a home maker - do I just fill that in as occupation and no further details needed?

Q2) I received my PR because I proved I lived here legally for 5 years. Will my PR be considered as proof for the 5 years, so I only have to provide proof for the last year?

Q3) what documents can I use as proof? I am a homemaker and have been for the last 6 years, so I do not have school/university/tax letters, employer documents or colleague testimonials.

Thank you!

LilyLalilu

Re: Naturalisation as homemaker with EEA PR

Post by LilyLalilu » Sun May 29, 2016 4:10 pm

1) Yes.

2) It should be however, some NCS want evidence of the previous 5 years again so just take something with you in case they insist. As far as I am aware it's not legally required though, as you have already proven your residence for the purpose of PR. But as you say you're non-EEA your passport should probably cover this anyway unless you recently got a new one.

3) Utility bills, bank statements, tenancy agreements, GP letters etc. But if you are non-EEA then just your passport should suffice.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun May 29, 2016 4:59 pm

guidov wrote:Hello,

I have obtained PR as an extended family member of an EEA citizen and I'm a homemaker, my EEA partner works.

I hope someone can help me with some questions for when I apply for naturalisation through the AN form:

Q1) I am a home maker - do I just fill that in as occupation and no further details needed?

Q2) I received my PR because I proved I lived here legally for 5 years. Will my PR be considered as proof for the 5 years, so I only have to provide proof for the last year?

Q3) what documents can I use as proof? I am a homemaker and have been for the last 6 years, so I do not have school/university/tax letters, employer documents or colleague testimonials.

Thank you!
2) The latest guidance appears to demand proof from EEA route applicants. Especially as they may not possess entry/exit stamps in their passports.

I would not assume that possession of a PR card is a Willie Wonka style golden ticket that removes need for the applicant to fight their corner and submit adequate documentary supporting evidence to prove their status.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

guidov
Newly Registered

Post by guidov » Sun May 29, 2016 5:19 pm

noajthan wrote:
guidov wrote:Hello,

Thank you!
2) The latest guidance appears to demand proof from EEA route applicants. Especially as they may not possess entry/exit stamps in their passports.

I would not assume that possession of a PR card is a Willie Wonka style golden ticket that removes need for the applicant to fight their corner and submit adequate documentary supporting evidence to prove their status.
Thanks - I'm fine with providing proof for 5-6 years, not an issue at all as long as they accept bank/credit card statements, utility bills, etc as I do not have employer documents or student documents as I was home maker all that time. So will that be ok?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 29, 2016 5:21 pm

Employment is not a requirement for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Mon May 30, 2016 6:41 am

CR001 wrote:Employment is not a requirement for citizenship.
Lack thereof just makes proving residence difficult which is the issue here.