ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP! Not eligible for Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

timbino
Newly Registered

HELP! Not eligible for Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa

Post by timbino » Sun May 29, 2016 2:21 pm

I'm a student at Birkbeck looking to work on my business in the UK. However my uni is not listed under the 2016 list of authorized endorsing bodies. What are my options?

I've been told to try and ask other unis to sponsor me. However, all of the unis I have written to have said that their graduate visas are solely for their students only.

Ali272
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: HELP! Not eligible for Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa

Post by Ali272 » Sun May 29, 2016 4:43 pm

Hi.

I was endorsed for Tier 1 Graduate but my university endorsed me. No university will ever endorse a student from outside university. The application process is extremely hard and long and they are taking a huge responsibility and risk for endorsing you for absolutely no fee.

regards,

ekbe01
Russia

Post by ekbe01 » Sun May 29, 2016 5:43 pm

As far as I understand, there are two options:
- an endorsement from your uni,
- or an endorsement from Sirius programme https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... repreneurs
Sirius is very competitive but will give you a lot of support if you win ))

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Sun May 29, 2016 9:16 pm

If you have a serious business idea and enough backing you can apply for normal T1 Entrepreneur visa

Ali272
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Ali272 » Sun May 29, 2016 9:29 pm

seasky wrote:If you have a serious business idea and enough backing you can apply for normal T1 Entrepreneur visa
Unfortunately no switching is possible from Tier 4. Out of country application will probably get rejected due to lack of experience. They expect students to follow Tier 1 graduate route, I think.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Sun May 29, 2016 10:37 pm

Ali272 wrote:
seasky wrote:If you have a serious business idea and enough backing you can apply for normal T1 Entrepreneur visa
Unfortunately no switching is possible from Tier 4. Out of country application will probably get rejected due to lack of experience. They expect students to follow Tier 1 graduate route, I think.
Got it....

ekbe01
Russia

Post by ekbe01 » Tue May 31, 2016 6:02 pm

timbino wrote:I've been told to try and ask other unis to sponsor me. However, all of the unis I have written to have said that their graduate visas are solely for their students only.
timbino, the guidance doesn't say it has to be your university. but most universities do hold their endorsements for their students only (and in some unis the process is very competitive).
however... I talked to an immigration consultant some time ago, and she mentioned that some unis do not exhaust their limit and only issue 1 endorsement letter (out of 10) or don't issue any at all. She referred to some statistics, but i can't find a detailed report at the moment. It may give one a hope that some unis might be willing to endorse your project.
If you are desperate to get an endorsement, contact as many unis as you can and ask for their conditions. What if you cooperate with some of their students? What if your project fit their profile?
I'd also try find a detailed entrepreneur visa analysis (or statistics) - it may give you a hint of what universities you may approach.
Anyway, best of luck.

summia199
Newly Registered

Post by summia199 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:35 pm

Im going through the same thing now I graduated from University of Wales Trinity Saint David and they can't endorse me :cry: because they are not licened by the Home Office Iv tried contacting so many universities if you found any University who will endorse you I hope you reply to this and lame know.

ekbe01
Russia

Post by ekbe01 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:33 pm

You might be eligible for this programme if you create a team:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... conditions
Highly competitive.