ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CCJ paid in full / British Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naazz

CCJ paid in full / British Naturalisation

Post by naazz » Mon May 30, 2016 9:29 am

HI All,

I was on holidays for almost two months when i returned from holidays there was a pile of letters among those there was a county court judgement for nonpayment of credit card. I tried to explain them i did not receive the letter as i was away but they didn't listen as the judgement was issued. They told me if i pay full amount within 30 days it will not be counted as CCJ. I paid the full amount with in the time.

Now i am applying for Naturalisation do i need to mention about the CCJ or not as i made the full payment and i was told the CCJ should not go on the CCJ register.

Thank you

JohnnyZee

Re: CCJ paid in full / British Naturalisation

Post by JohnnyZee » Mon May 30, 2016 2:33 pm

Hi - If you have paid in full, I assume you should be fine. Also, I would register for a free credit check (noddle, credit score etc) to see if there is any CCJ against your name. If not, I would not mention on the naturalisation application.

All the best.

naazz

Post by naazz » Tue May 31, 2016 8:46 am

JohnnyZee wrote:Hi - If you have paid in full, I assume you should be fine. Also, I would register for a free credit check (noddle, credit score etc) to see if there is any CCJ against your name. If not, I would not mention on the naturalisation application.

All the best.
Thank you so much for you reply!! I used Clearscore.com to check the credit report and it says "You have no Court or Insolvency data" the accuracy of the information seems to be not updated. would you suggest / recommend using another credit reference agency?? or should i consider my self in clear and mention no "CCJ" on FORM AN??

Thank you

JohnnyZee

Post by JohnnyZee » Tue May 31, 2016 11:43 am

Also try Noddle. However, note that these free credit checks seem to have a month of lag in obtaining data.

In any case, I think you should be in the clear. If you have paid, there should not be an issue. Also see link below. All the best.

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/e ... ments-ccjs

naazz

Post by naazz » Tue May 31, 2016 12:18 pm

JohnnyZee wrote:Also try Noddle. However, note that these free credit checks seem to have a month of lag in obtaining data.

In any case, I think you should be in the clear. If you have paid, there should not be an issue. Also see link below. All the best.

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/e ... ments-ccjs

Thank you