ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

December EC applicants post here!!!!!!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vidya

Post by vidya » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:07 am

hi everyone ,

today is working day 5 in the EC queue at chennai BHC/bangalore vfs for me . still a long wait ahead , i guess.

Integra verification was done at my office last thursday and friday. Fingers crossed and praying real hard

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:08 am

winmano- arsenal is right..it was left to applicants,if they want integra check to be done,it was done in an additional fee of 5000 bucks,but after that it was made mandatory.

Reincarnation- As spouse as dependent it is enough if u show around 5-6 lacs in your bank account.

vidya

Post by vidya » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:08 am

Any updates from cdraina today ...i guess he must be at the vfs now picking up the passports and will update us by today evening.....

lion686

Post by lion686 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:22 am

vidya

He has applied from mumbai BHC & hope these applicants are getting decision fast than the chennai ones..also from the posts of some chennai applicants like marupa, pavankeethi i have come to an idea that the decision at chennai BHC is taking for sure 18+ days..for ex- marupa got it on 21st wrkin day & pavankeethi got it on 19th wrkig day..

I am counting days badly.. :twisted:
Lion

vishalsunr

Post by vishalsunr » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:24 am

lion686 wrote:vidya

He has applied from mumbai BHC & hope these applicants are getting decision fast than the chennai ones..also from the posts of some chennai applicants like marupa, pavankeethi i have come to an idea that the decision at chennai BHC is taking for sure 18+ days..for ex- marupa got it on 21st wrkin day & pavankeethi got it on 19th wrkig day..

I am counting days badly.. :twisted:
BEST OF LUCK.... YOU WILL DO IT!!!!!!!
Om Reem Shree PadamPrabhu Jinendrai Namah
-------------------------------------------------------
Applied On : 20th-dec
Applied From : Ahmedabad VFS
Integra Verification: 3rd & 4Th Dec
Case No.: 1161xxxx
Final Status : Waiting

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:45 am

mm..what lion says is right i guess.These folks in chennai BHC are taking around 18 days time minimum..And they send an automated reply to mails stating that it will atleast take 25 working days for processing,and we should not bug them by mailing often till 25 working days are over!! They never understand the frustration of applicants,Need to Sue them for that mental agony..lol..Wont they know there will be huge backlog after vacations?And cant they arrange alternative means of reducing case load..say by using those case workers on bench and utilise the less case load regions of India to do all the other pending soft copy works..One thing for sure is,at least they can make use of the case free regions of India to check e mails of applicants instead of these folks checking them often just to mail back it will take 25 working days or more to do that!!!

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:48 am

Mine is 12 th working day..applied on December 17th..

vishalsunr

Post by vishalsunr » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:49 am

venkatesh.balakumar wrote:Mine is 12 th working day..applied on December 17th..
I applied on 20th DEC. ... 10th Working Day.
Om Reem Shree PadamPrabhu Jinendrai Namah
-------------------------------------------------------
Applied On : 20th-dec
Applied From : Ahmedabad VFS
Integra Verification: 3rd & 4Th Dec
Case No.: 1161xxxx
Final Status : Waiting

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:00 am

Hey i request you folks to Update here also.There is a separate post for chennai VFS applicants in December...So that it will be better to track all those who are waiting to hear from Chennai BHC alone..Atleast it will make us feel better..lol :D

lion686

Post by lion686 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:11 am

venkatesh.balakumar,

Everthing cant go by what we expect & the fact is that the BHC/VFS would have never faced such a scenario before in lifetime with huge HSMP applications.Now then there is a possible change in rules of HSMP, the applicants are rushing their EC's or HSMP applications.Giving this the BHC/VFS should plan in future as you said to accomodate the bulk applications..they cant sit back and say the same story "huge applicants" etc..What ever happens people just carry on with the reality..hope i will also do the same.. :?
Lion

vidya

Post by vidya » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:25 am

we havent got much news recently on EC rejections , have we ?

what are the possible reasons EC can get rejected ?

A) They recalculate the HSMP points based on the proforma form submitted and the integra verification of employement , pay and education is part of this HSMP eligibility recheck

B) Funds insufficient + accomodation arrangement unconvincing + job offers there - i feel these three they will look at under one category - for example , they may accept low level of funds if one already has a job offer there and vice versa - no job guarantee there yet but high level of savings . Moderate amount of funds okay , if one has a relative or friend's place to live for the first few months

These are the only 2 categories i can think of - the third would be the checks done on all visa applications - ie travel and passport history ; biometric data validation against some global criminal databases etc.

can anyone think of any other categories of checks they would do / possible areas for rejection ??

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:58 am

According to my assumption and from what my consultant said,I guess this time HSMP applicants is comparitively less only ,as from march 08 they are gonna give u a period of 3 years in their visa..and everyone are planning to apply only in march..Many knew this is going to happen in march,and they prefer to wait till it happens as they will not need to file FLR within next two years and will have time to earn sufficiently..Fact is November and December of 2007 showed a sharp decrease in number of applicants due to this primary reason and though these guys Blame of Huge caseloads,it is actually not so! Whatever,but atleast these guys should make arrangements to deliver proper status to applicants..Just think if all of a sudden your current employer asks for all your original docs and you will just be put blank on what to do then..Infact, my employer asked my passport for sending me for a short term to US ,and the situation was i cant deny going there..still had to manage saying that my passport is with embassy..And imagine getting caught with traffic police asking for Original Driving License!!! Definitely need to pay some ransom to those Burpy stomachs!

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:02 am

Vidya, Why do you need to Bring up some negative discussions..Already folks here are in High Velocity tension as we dint get any status updates even..Why Poke Bleeding Wound..Be Positive or atleast Leave others to think positive..lol.. Dont mistake me,just take it in the right sense :) Cheers for all

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:10 am

Heard BHC will be closed on Jan 15th again for Pongal/makar sankranthi..Hope we all will receive some good news before that..

vidya

Post by vidya » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:11 am

Hi Venkatesh

sorry , didnt mean to raise negative topics or increase our mutual tensions by talking about EC rejections.

i guess i am trying my best to be geared up and prepared for the next step if the worst should happen.

BTW , am not posting in your chennai vfs applicants thread as i have applied from bangalore vfs
Last edited by vidya on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:13 am

Hey vidya,
Thanks for that..and BTW Even if u have applied from Bangalore you will be expecting ur decision from Chennai BHC only na...So You can post it in that posts also..

lion686

Post by lion686 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:20 am

venkatesh.balakumar,

Would appreciate if you stick to one thread, the reason being viewers can concentrate on one thread & also it will be easy for us to know whats happening in other VFS/BHC. I can see that already u have started 2 threads for same reason and i feel its quite avoidable..its my suggestion..i feel the members will agree to it..
Lion

hsmppune

Post by hsmppune » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:25 am

I agree with Lion on this.

Venkatesh, it would be good to follow just one thread. I understand it gives people who have applied to Chennai BHC a better visibility, however, it does leave the other members browsing two or more threads for related information.

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:31 am

oh ok..not a prob,i felt like this thread had more of other BHC applicants than in chennai and thats why i started one..hey another thing is i dint know how to delete the previous discussion..lol..i thought of starting only one.

lion686

Post by lion686 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:35 am

Venkatesh,

:) :P ...I guesed this that you wud be searching hw to delete the old one..neways tnx buddy..lets wait here for the results.
Lion

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:39 am

lol..ok

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:41 am

Guess what,this waiting for EC had put me in lotta stress..may be some course like "Art of living" might help me i guess..lol..Browsing to find some nearest centre to learn it..One of my colleague suggested it while waiting for EC..LOL

lion686

Post by lion686 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:09 am

venkatesh,

I see that course is not required for u..cos for every post you are having LOL 3/4 times..which shd relive ur stress big time..LOL LOL.

srry buddy, jus kidding.. :P
Lion

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:56 am

Guys good news from my side!!

Got my EC stamped from Jan 03 2008 through Jan 02 2010.

I requested for an post-dated EC from Feb in my covering letter but forgot to mention it to the VFS representative. FAQ section of UK-Visas mentions that the VFS Rep should be requested in case one wants a post-dated Visa. Just mentioning it on the cover letter wouldn't work.

Timelines:

SEP 28: Application Sent
OCT 01: Application reached HO
OCT 01: Fee Debited
OCT 03: Got the Reference Number
NOV 21: Decision
NOV 28: Documents collected by FedEx
NOV 30: Got the documents

DEC 19: Applied for EC
DEC 27: Integra mail
DEC 31: HR Replied to Integra mail
JAN 03: VISA STAMPING
JAN 04: Status updated on vfs website
JAN 07: Collected passport from VFS

venkatesh.balakumar

Post by venkatesh.balakumar » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:59 am

haha..lion..Jus imagine how much stress these fellows give, that i cant overcome it by my LOL and am seeking art of living..hehe..Forget it,waiting for updates from CD...