ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 section 3(1) application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aks_wk
Newly Registered

MN1 section 3(1) application

Post by aks_wk » Mon May 30, 2016 8:09 pm

UK born

In the child was born in the UK before one parent had ILR/PR, then once one parent is granted ILR, the child is entitled register as BC under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act irrespective of their immigration status.

This application is an entitlement and as such the HO has no discretion in the decision if the statutory requirements are met. The application can be made any time before the child is 18. The only documents required are UK birth certificate and evidence that parent obtained ILR/PR. The application can be made if the child is in the UK or abroad.

If the child was born in the UK after one parent has ILR/PR, then the child is British from birth and can apply directly for a passport.
My child was born in uk 2012 and then they went back to pakistan since 2013.I recently got ILR and I was thinking to apply their visas and then I saw this post.
My question is can I apply for his registration under this rule from uk while my child is in Pakistan?? if yes then how I gonna do his biometric here?? And last thing about referees how can they verify if they have not seen him since 2013??
Thanks

noajthan

Re: MN1 section 3(1) application

Post by noajthan » Mon May 30, 2016 8:47 pm

aks_wk wrote:My child was born in uk 2012 and then they went back to pakistan since 2013.I recently got ILR and I was thinking to apply their visas and then I saw this post.
My question is can I apply for his registration under this rule from uk while my child is in Pakistan?? if yes then how I gonna do his biometric here?? And last thing about referees how can they verify if they have not seen him since 2013??
Thanks
Your subject is misleading, you are asking about an entitlement to register under section 1(3) of BNA and not section 3(1).

Child can apply from home country and enrol biometrics in home country.

Referees should be from home country too. As you say noone in UK will have engaged with child in a professional setting.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.