ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR- when to apply

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

john232
Newly Registered

EEA PR- when to apply

Post by john232 » Mon May 30, 2016 9:41 pm

Hi all,

I am as probably most EEA card holders out there a bit worried about what the future might hold following the referendum in June!

Married on 04/05/2011 which unfortunately lasted till the decree absolute in October 2014. ROR was then granted in October 2015, a year later.
Initial family card with the 5 years till July 2016 was cancelled and the new one expires on October 2020.

my Questions would be

1. when can i apply for my PR?
2. Do I need to take the life in the UK test?
3. How straight forward is the application or would you advice me to assign it to a law firm instead? any recommendations would be more than welcomed
4. what do you believe the consequences of the Brexit would be to my application?

thanks,
J

noajthan

Re: EEA PR- when to apply

Post by noajthan » Mon May 30, 2016 9:52 pm

john232 wrote:Hi all,

I am as probably most EEA card holders out there a bit worried about what the future might hold following the referendum in June!

Married on 04/05/2011 which unfortunately lasted till the decree absolute in October 2014. ROR was then granted in October 2015, a year later.
Initial family card with the 5 years till July 2016 was cancelled and the new one expires on October 2020.

my Questions would be

1. when can i apply for my PR?
2. Do I need to take the life in the UK test?
3. How straight forward is the application or would you advice me to assign it to a law firm instead? any recommendations would be more than welcomed
4. what do you believe the consequences of the Brexit would be to my application?

thanks,
J
1) Are you exercising treaty rights?
Have you enjoyed any prolonged absences from UK?

If so and if not then my understanding is you may have acquired PR by as soon as this May 2016.

2) No. That's for naturalisation.

3) Fairly straightforward if you are well-organsied and methodical and have good supporting documentary evidence to back your case.
No need for law firm; members here can and will assist.

4) No idea.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

john232
Newly Registered

Re: EEA PR- when to apply

Post by john232 » Tue May 31, 2016 9:57 pm

Sorry I should have mentioned that I have been exercising my treaty rights since 2009 on full time employment. I have my employement contract, payslips and P60 to provide for evidence.
Thanks a lot for your prompt reply, I feel more confident now to send my application as soon as July, hopefully I will have all the information needed to support my application then :)