ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Withdrawal of Tier2 application and reapply with same COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rocklee
Newly Registered

Withdrawal of Tier2 application and reapply with same COS

Post by rocklee » Mon May 30, 2016 10:08 pm

Hi,

I am oversea applicant, made application for entry clearance visa (tier2) a week back. Today I noticed that, I have included one of photocopy my residence permit whose quality is not great (Hard to read characters written). So instead of risking decision from ECO. I am thinking to withdraw my application and Plan to reapply again.
If I do so, can I use the same COS number for my Visa application or I will need to get new COS?

I look forward to hear something from experts.

Thank you so much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Withdrawal of Tier2 application and reapply with same CO

Post by CR001 » Mon May 30, 2016 10:19 pm

rocklee wrote:Today I noticed that, I have included one of photocopy my residence permit whose quality is not great (Hard to read characters written). So instead of risking decision from ECO.
A UK residence permit? If yes, HO have records of your immigration status history.
If I do so, can I use the same COS number for my Visa application or I will need to get new COS?
You will likely need a new CoS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rocklee
Newly Registered

Post by rocklee » Mon May 30, 2016 10:34 pm

No not UK residence permit. I live in France and submitted French residence permit. I also made application for entry clearance in France. SInce its not greatly legible I am afraid if Entry Clearance Officer, doubt its existence.

Are you sure, if I withdraw, I will need new COS for the new tier 2 application?

If any other also came across this situation or know some info please help.

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon May 30, 2016 10:36 pm

rocklee wrote:No not UK residence permit. I live in France and submitted French residence permit. I also made application for entry clearance in France. SInce its not greatly legible I am afraid if Entry Clearance Officer, doubt its existence.

Are you sure, if I withdraw, I will need new COS for the new tier 2 application?

If any other also came across this situation or know some info please help.

Thanks
Maybe you're overthinking this.
Surely cw will ask for a fresh copy if they cannot read it. They are likely to be crosschecking electronically with French databanks anyway.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

rocklee
Newly Registered

Post by rocklee » Mon May 30, 2016 10:41 pm

Thanks noajthan,

If they ask then its good. But what I am afraid is, since its not legible what if he considers it as I have submitted fake document and considers 320(7b) rule for refusal. I am afraid if its going to create big problem later.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.