ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) application - a few questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Driver27
Sri Lanka

FLR(M) application - a few questions

Post by Driver27 » Sat May 28, 2016 9:30 pm

I'm currently on ILR obtained via the Long Residence (10 Year) route obtained on 27 April 2016. My wife was granted leave to remain as a Tier 2 dependent on Jan 20th 2016. She came to UK on 24 Feb. Although she has leave until Dec 2017 I'm required to apply on FLR(M) to switch her visa category (thanks CR001 and Vinny for your advice regarding this).

I have a few questions regarding the FLR(M) application form.

1. On page 27, regarding current salary it asks "Category A or Category B". I can't find any explanation on the guidance notes regarding this? Can anyone shed some light. I've read the post by Geriatrix and I'm not sure if the category A/B he talks about relates to the same.

2. Page 63, asks for 6 pieces of correspondence to prove that my wife lives with me. My wife has only been in the UK for 3 months now and she is already granted a dependent visa. The only document I have with her name and address is a council tax letter. Would it be sufficient to explain this situation in a cover letter with my application.

3. Is there a maintenance requirement? Do I need to show bank statements to show that I have had a certain amount of money in the bank?

3. The following are the documents I intend to send, please advice if you see any glaring errors
Photographs (2 wife's, and 1 of mine)
Passport and BRP for both of us
Letter from employer confirming my salary.
Marriage Certificate
IELTS test certificate
My bank statement and pay slips confirming my address and salary.
Utility bill with my name and address

Thanks in advance for all your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) application - a few questions

Post by CR001 » Sun May 29, 2016 1:04 am

1. Have you read Appendix FM (click) as this is also part of the process.

2. You don't need a cover letter. HO are not stupid, they will see she only arrived recently. Submit anything you have but remember, for her extension in 2.5 years time, you WILL need to submit two years worth of cohabitation.

3. No maintenance requirement. Yes, you have to show 6 months bank statements and 6 months payslips to prove you meet the financial requirement, i.e. salary.

3. You need a letter form your employer with your salary, job title/position, start date etc. and your employment contract. 6 months bank statements and payslips, the most recent ones cannot be older than 28 days. Do you have ANY correspondence in your wifes' name or joint names?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Post by Driver27 » Mon May 30, 2016 10:45 pm

CR001, Thanks for the reply

1. I have read Appendix FM now :) I realise I'm category A since I've been with the current employer for the last 5 years.

2. I have 6 months' worth of bank statements but I'm unable to find one payslip from February! I do have this year's P60, wondering if I should send that in?

3. Thanks, I will get a letter from my employer. The only correspondence I have in my wife's name is a council tax letter. I will try to get a letter from the Surgery this week.

One other thing. My wife had to undergo a TB test in Sri Lanka in December 2015 for her initial visa application. The test certificate has my current address on it. Would it be worthwhile sending this in as well?

Once again, thanks for all the help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 30, 2016 11:05 pm

1. You need 6 months worth of payslips. HO will want to see one for each month. You will need to speak to your employer to get another one.

3. NHS card and council tax should be ok.

TB test is fine if you want to submit it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Post by Driver27 » Mon May 30, 2016 11:18 pm

Thanks for the quick reply CR001

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Post by Driver27 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:57 pm

Hi

I have received a letter asking to submit biometrics. Do I need to have any proof of ID besides the letter? All my proof's of ID are with HO.

Applied - 06 June 2016
BRP invite - 13 June 2016

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:09 pm

The letter should be fine. Maybe take your drivers licence if you have one or proof of address.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Post by Driver27 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:12 pm

CR001 wrote:The letter should be fine. Maybe take your drivers licence if you have one or proof of address.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my wife doesn't have a driver's licence. I think I'll take a copy of her passport with us.

I've had a look through the waiting times thread. Am I right in thinking that they seem to take about 4 weeks from the date of enrolling biometrics, or am I being too optimistic!

Thank again

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Post by Driver27 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:39 pm

I've been sent a letter now asking for further documentary evidence to show that my wife has been cohabiting with me since February 2016. As I mentioned earlier in the thread my wife has only been here since February 2016. Her initial grant of leave to enter was based on the fact that we are married.

With my original application I was only able to provide 2 pieces of evidence to prove address with my wife's name on it. A council tax bill and a doctor's letter. We weren't able to get anything else on time. At the time she wasn't able to open a bank account (Due to lack of proof of address). I provided plenty of documents to show proof of address for myself!

I did submit a cover letter with my application explaining the situation. I remember CR001 saying that HO aren't stupid and they will recognise that my wife has only been here since Feb 2016, clearly we give them too much credit!

I now have a couple more additional documents. Gas/Electric Bill with my wife's name and a letter sent by NHS for a medical screening. Should I assume that the invitation to enrol biometrics cannot be provided as proof of address.

Furthermore I've also just seen this, not sure how that effects my application!
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 13640.html

It's almost the end of the 8 week waiting period and I was hoping I would receive this in time to go back home to my brother's wedding in 3 days time. They really know how to stress us out!

To make matters worse for me, I've accepted a new job offer in London and will be moving mid August (in a couple of weeks)

Thanks for any help!

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Post by Driver27 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:26 pm

Driver27 wrote:I've been sent a letter now asking for further documentary evidence to show that my wife has been cohabiting with me since February 2016. As I mentioned earlier in the thread my wife has only been here since February 2016. Her initial grant of leave to enter was based on the fact that we are married.

With my original application I was only able to provide 2 pieces of evidence to prove address with my wife's name on it. A council tax bill and a doctor's letter. We weren't able to get anything else on time. At the time she wasn't able to open a bank account (Due to lack of proof of address). I provided plenty of documents to show proof of address for myself!

I did submit a cover letter with my application explaining the situation. I remember CR001 saying that HO aren't stupid and they will recognise that my wife has only been here since Feb 2016, clearly we give them too much credit!

I now have a couple more additional documents. Gas/Electric Bill with my wife's name and a letter sent by NHS for a medical screening. Should I assume that the invitation to enrol biometrics cannot be provided as proof of address.

Furthermore I've also just seen this, not sure how that effects my application!
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 13640.html

It's almost the end of the 8 week waiting period and I was hoping I would receive this in time to go back home to my brother's wedding in 3 days time. They really know how to stress us out!

To make matters worse for me, I've accepted a new job offer in London and will be moving mid August (in a couple of weeks)

Thanks for any help!

Update

I have already submitted a council tax letter and a letter from the doctor

I have recently received a Gas/Electric Bill and an NHS Letter inviting for a medical screening. Both have my name and address on them.

I have contacted Water supplier and Internet provider who have now added my wife's name to the account and will be sending me a letter with her name and address on them. So I feel I'm now covered for the six pieces of evidence!

My only issue is that HO have requested that they receive this information by the 9th of August. I feel that I might not be able to meet this deadline. I would like to request a slight extension, until say the 15th of August to produce this evidence, how would I go about contacting them to request this?

Thanks Very much for your help?

arunsk
United Kingdom

Post by arunsk » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:40 pm

My comment is only about asking for extension.
I have recently applied for spouse visa and received additional document request (NARIC letter) and they asked to submit within 10 calender days otherwise they take decision accordingly. There provided an email address so I have mailed them and asked for extension, however there was no reply. I also contacted UKVI by phone (this is a premium phone and paid) and asked to escalate as it takes more time for me to get the letter and send it to the consulate. They said it will take 5 days to even get to the corresponding case worker. Fortunately I could get the document in time and post it to them within the given deadline.
So with reference to extension, it is unlikely they extend the time but neverthless you could contact UKVI by phone and see what they can do. At the same time try to send documents using the fastest means so that it reaches within the given deadline.

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Post by Driver27 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:02 pm

Hi Arunsk

Thanks very much for your reply.
I intend to send the documents via special delivery as soon as I get them. The only problem is that one of the utility companies said they would take at most 7 working days (there is a chance I receive it sooner), which will be the 9th of August.

I was however sent the bill by email as well, do you think a print out of the pdf file counts as original? (I'm signed up to e-billing)

Could you please provide me with the email address and phone number you used?

Thanks

mysteron69
Newly Registered

Post by mysteron69 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:23 pm

Hi Arunsk & Driver27. I am going through a similar situation right now. Have you had the outcome of your application? The only thing we can submit is a council tax bill and a downloaded version of a water bill and a gas/electricity bill.

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Post by Driver27 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:26 pm

mysteron69 wrote:Hi Arunsk & Driver27. I am going through a similar situation right now. Have you had the outcome of your application? The only thing we can submit is a council tax bill and a downloaded version of a water bill and a gas/electricity bill.
Hi mysteron69, I was fortunate enough that I managed to gather 4 more pieces of evidence in the given time. I called my internet, gas/electric and water companies and added my wife's name on to the account, and they managed to send me a bill with her name on just in time. I also got a National Insurance number appointment for my wife and they sent a letter to confirm the appointment, I've sent this letter to UKVI as well.

Bottom line is, if you don't have 6 pieces of evidence then I would suggest you wait until you do (if that's an option).

Also, I'm not sure if they would accept a downloaded version of a water bill!

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Post by Driver27 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:07 pm

FYI and for the benefit of those that might see this thread in future,

I have now received my BRP (12-08-16)

I am still waiting on my other documents though.

Thanks for all the help and good luck.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:12 pm

Many thanks for the update.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ckamukue
Newly Registered

Post by ckamukue » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:07 pm

Hi, I just want some help please, I have overstayed and I have applied under my partner,and she has discretion leave , and my application was refused several times, and HO ,allow me to appeal to Upper Tribunal and my case is dismissed . My partner is about to apply for her indefinite leave in 2months. Please help what should I do in this case, because I have to wait on her to get her stay. We have been together for 4years and I have submitted all the evidence, they still refusing me. Can someone help , any advice, please?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:35 am

ckamukue wrote:Hi, I just want some help please, I have overstayed and I have applied under my partner,and she has discretion leave , and my application was refused several times, and HO ,allow me to appeal to Upper Tribunal and my case is dismissed . My partner is about to apply for her indefinite leave in 2months. Please help what should I do in this case, because I have to wait on her to get her stay. We have been together for 4years and I have submitted all the evidence, they still refusing me. Can someone help , any advice, please?
It's unfair and confusing to tag onto another member's thread. Please post this in your own thread.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ckamukue
Newly Registered

Post by ckamukue » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:55 pm

Hi, I just want some help please, I have overstayed and I have applied under my partner,and she has discretion leave , and my application was refused several times, and HO ,allow me to appeal to Upper Tribunal and my case is dismissed . My partner is about to apply for her indefinite leave in 2months. Please help what should I do in this case, because I have to wait on her to get her stay. We have been together for 4years and I have submitted all the evidence, they still refusing me. Can someone help , any advice, please?
ckamukue
Newly Registered

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:15 pm

Casa wrote:
ckamukue wrote:Hi, I just want some help please, I have overstayed and I have applied under my partner,and she has discretion leave , and my application was refused several times, and HO ,allow me to appeal to Upper Tribunal and my case is dismissed . My partner is about to apply for her indefinite leave in 2months. Please help what should I do in this case, because I have to wait on her to get her stay. We have been together for 4years and I have submitted all the evidence, they still refusing me. Can someone help , any advice, please?
It's unfair and confusing to tag onto another member's thread. Please post this in your own thread.
(Casa, not CR001)