ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Tier 2 Cool off period applicable

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rahulsrivastv
Newly Registered

Is Tier 2 Cool off period applicable

Post by rahulsrivastv » Tue May 31, 2016 1:55 am

Hello,
I have been under Tier 2 General Visa for almost 2 year however I am planning to move back to India because I was made redundant and unable to find work here.

Can anyone please let me know if I can come back again under Tier 2 Visa if any company can provide me sponsorship ? How long I need to wait, I read some post regarding cooling off period of 12 months for ICT is it applicable for General too . I understand since I will be applying from outside UK there will be annual allocation of COS.
Please also let me know will my previous stay in UK will be counted anywhere like for ILR Application or it will be of no significance .

Thank you!

vinny

Re: Is Tier 2 Cool off period applicable here?

Post by vinny » Tue May 31, 2016 2:59 am

I believe that the twelve months cooling off period may be applicable under 245HB(g).

If you are absent for more than six continuous months, then your previous leave will be of no significance towards ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.