ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help!!! Just detected an error in the online submitted OCI

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lemony

Help!!! Just detected an error in the online submitted OCI

Post by lemony » Mon May 30, 2016 2:16 pm

Dear All,

I have already submitted the online form along with documents and image/signature. However I have just detected a mistake in the form ( in place of Previous Nationality I put UK instead of India). I cant get to correct the form at this stage and the only option it seems is to submit a fresh form but I have already booked an appointment!!!

Please help me and suggest what should i do now. I cant really rebook a new appointment as I have already booked my travel plans !!

rmukherjee
United Kingdom

Re: Help!!! Just detected an error in the online submitted O

Post by rmukherjee » Tue May 31, 2016 10:18 am

lemony wrote:Dear All,

I have already submitted the online form along with documents and image/signature. However I have just detected a mistake in the form ( in place of Previous Nationality I put UK instead of India). I cant get to correct the form at this stage and the only option it seems is to submit a fresh form but I have already booked an appointment!!!

Please help me and suggest what should i do now. I cant really rebook a new appointment as I have already booked my travel plans !!
There was someone reported doing this in the forums, and his application got rejected I believe. The online form is processed in New Delhi so the high commission can't really help.

Can you not get an eVisa? That would be perfect for you and it'll guarantee you permission to enter India at the cost of only £40 extra per person.

Also - advice to other forum members: never make travel plans based on future availability of OCI. OCI can be delayed for any reason. I believe the High Commission sites give this advice as well.

lemony

Re: Help!!! Just detected an error in the online submitted O

Post by lemony » Tue May 31, 2016 11:13 am

Thanks for your reply.

I know in hindsight that I shouldnt have booked the tickets before getting OCI.

The e-Visa is definitely an option but I may not be able to avail it as I am going to be in India for 32 days and I believe this e-Visa is only for 30 days stay at the maximum.

Worst come, I believe may have to apply for a Entry Visa which is valid for 6 months. But that is a very expensive alternative.

Really worried now :(