ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - SA302 doc required for ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

classiczone
Newly Registered

ILR - SA302 doc required for ILR application

Post by classiczone » Tue May 31, 2016 12:31 pm

Hi,

I had made my ILR application at Croydon in person on the basis of completing 5 year period on Tier 1 general, on the day of my application the case worker asked if I had any SA302 docs along with me and as that is not a requirement mentioned in the guidelines so I didn't have it on me. To which the case worker gave me a letter asking to provide original SA302 doc for past 5 years in 14 days time. I managed to get SA302 docs from HMRC in 3 days and I sent it to them through next day delivery but since then its been over a month and I haven't had any updates whatsoever and the customer service number is not of much help.

Please can anyone advise if they have been in a similar situation and how long did it take for them to get a reply.

cruis

Re: ILR - SA302 doc required for ILR application

Post by cruis » Tue May 31, 2016 2:06 pm

Hi,

I have seen a similar situation for a friend of mine. Were you self-employed in any last 5 years. And are the taxes paid as per the threshold in previous HO applications. Any amendments in previous tax returns.

classiczone
Newly Registered

Post by classiczone » Tue May 31, 2016 8:54 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your response, yes I have been self employed for the past 5 years and have paid everything towards my self assessment tax. There's nothing remaining to be paid, I've cross checked it with HMRC as well

Victor77
Newly Registered

Post by Victor77 » Tue May 31, 2016 9:02 pm

Classiczone

as you have stated earlier, SA302s are not mandatory, the fact that HO requested for SA302 mean that they didnt or couldnt find your name on the HMRC spreadsheet. Now, as long as you have not made any amendments either before applying for ILR or after filing your original tax returns previously, then the HO have no reason to refuse or query based on your taxation, unless they find something else stupid which the HO is good at. Good luck

majoby
Newly Registered

Post by majoby » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:00 pm

@ Classiczone,

I am in exact situation with you, applied for same day at Glasgow,got a letter from the CW requesting for SA302 within 14days which I have managed to deliver in person to their office with no amendments. I am yet to hear from HO till date. Any update on yours yet? please let us know