ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 3(1) without ILR - should minor apply ILE

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilruk2016
Mood:
India

MN1 3(1) without ILR - should minor apply ILE

Post by ilruk2016 » Tue May 31, 2016 8:09 pm

Hi Secret.Simon,

Thanks for your response http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 10115.html

I would like to clarify one thing. As we are not BC as yet, do you think my daughter will get ILE? Currently both parents are in ILR and we are not eligible for BC until 04/2017. Any advise will be helpful.

Thanks,AK

secret.simon

Re: MN1 3(1) without ILR

Post by secret.simon » Tue May 31, 2016 8:45 pm

ilruk2016 wrote:Currently both parents are in ILR and we are not eligible for BC until 04/2017. Any advise will be helpful.
Children born abroad are eligible for the same immigration (not nationality) status as the less-privileged parent. If both parents are on ILR or BCs, the child should be eligible for ILE to enter the UK.

If either parent has a lower status, then the child will be eligible for the equivalent visa.

The child will be eligible for registration as a British citizen when at least one parent has British citizenship and the other parent also has ILR.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

ilruk2016
Mood:
India

Re: MN1 3(1) without ILR

Post by ilruk2016 » Tue May 31, 2016 10:20 pm

secret.simon wrote:
ilruk2016 wrote:Currently both parents are in ILR and we are not eligible for BC until 04/2017. Any advise will be helpful.
Children born abroad are eligible for the same immigration (not nationality) status as the less-privileged parent. If both parents are on ILR or BCs, the child should be eligible for ILE to enter the UK.

If either parent has a lower status, then the child will be eligible for the equivalent visa.

The child will be eligible for registration as a British citizen when at least one parent has British citizenship and the other parent also has ILR.

Thanks for this clarification secret.simon, One more quick question so does the the ILE is going to be on passport as a vignette rather than a Biometric card? as explained in the below link

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... remain-ilr

Cheers, AK

vinny

Re: MN1 3(1) without ILR - should minor apply ILE

Post by vinny » Tue May 31, 2016 10:32 pm

My guess is that child may be initially granted a 30 days vignette sticker, in accordance with the new BRP procedure.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ilruk2016
Mood:
India

Post by ilruk2016 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:01 pm

vinny wrote:My guess is that child may be initially granted a 30 days vignette sticker, in accordance with the new BRP procedure.
Got it Vinny, thanks AK

ilruk2016
Mood:
India

Post by ilruk2016 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi Vinny and other experts,

I have applied for my daughters ILE from India and I am trying to find if there is a link where we can track the application status ?

Thanks in Advance,
AK

ilruk2016
Mood:
India

Post by ilruk2016 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:15 pm

ilruk2016 wrote:Hi Vinny and other experts,

I have applied for my daughters ILE from India and I am trying to find if there is a link where we can track the application status ?

Thanks in Advance,
AK
Can anyone kindly help me on this?

Thanks,
AK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:24 pm

You cannot track the process/progress of the application online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.