ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can anyone help me? Urgent issues with immigration!!!!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gorgeous
Ireland

Can anyone help me? Urgent issues with immigration!!!!

Post by gorgeous » Fri May 27, 2016 5:18 pm

Hey guys, I will explain you what happened today when I went to immigration in Dublin, and I'm super disgusted with what they've done to me & my partner.

My partner is a Spanish national and I'm a Non-EU national.

We went today to immigration because I have renewed my passport, which was due to renew in October, and after waiting 5 hours to be called we went there and the guy said:

"I can't accept this since your partner is bringing a National ID and he needs to bring his passport, because it is not a recognised document." As you know this is totally false. They kept insisting that is not a valid travelling document and he shouldn't be allowed in the country with that.

This is something absolutely unacceptable for someone working for immigration who should this is a valid document and shouldn't even question this. After we insisted and explained that he doesn't even have a passport as he doesn't need that to travel and live within the EU, they agreed reluctantly to stamp his new passport and they kept questioning why he had renewed the passport 9 months before it expired.

However, the new stamp is only valid until April 2017, not for the remaining of the 5 years ("month" 2020). This contradicts what the letter we received from themselves states. We tried to show them this letter and they refused to even read it. The immigration officer finally stamped the passport, but only until 2017 as he said. When we saw this, we tried to go back to question about it to a different officer (the man who assisted us was busy) and they refused to answer. They told us we needed another ticket, which means an additional 5h wait. This is just unacceptable. We tried explaining we believed they had made a mistake to no avail.

Just to answer a couple of upcoming questions:

- I have renewed my passport beforehand because my country has just released a new one with 10 years expire date.

- My Stamp 4 EUFAM was valid until 04/17 and so was the stamp in my passport.

Now, I wonder, since the letter from INIS says that once I renew my passport I should go back there to get the remaining days and/or until 2020. Were they wrong by doing that?

Would appreciate any thought you may have on this!

Cheers!

gorgeous
Ireland

Re: Can anyone help me? Urgent issues with immigration!!!!

Post by gorgeous » Tue May 31, 2016 10:30 am

Guys please! What's going on that no one replies anymore??? :| :?:

malik0543

Post by malik0543 » Tue May 31, 2016 9:15 pm

@ gorgeous

sorry to heard about this ............. but the problem is ........... in Ireland its all depend on Individual who is dealing with you.

i been to GNIB office many time, sometime they say bring all docs and some time they dont even bother see passports and proceed....

you can take this matter to court but dont know about outcome ......... consult with good solicitor...

Numloom
Newly Registered

Post by Numloom » Tue May 31, 2016 10:13 pm

You can go back in April, 17 to get the remaining stamp on your new passport.

It only raises suspicion why you want to renew your visa 9 months early when you have a valid stamp until April, 17 (I am not doubting your intention although there are few instances when the stamp has been renewed just 2 months earlier only on valid grounds). As you can also use Visa on the expired passport alongwith new passport. The current stance/strictness/restriction of the GNIB have caused immense problems if you read the other threads.

I was told to only come a month ago to renew my stamp.

You are right irrespective of the above, GNIB behaviour as stated by you is totally unacceptable.

Consulting with a solicitor or visiting again the GNIB or contacting EU1 treaty rights unit is worth trying.

Good luck!

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Tue May 31, 2016 11:18 pm

Hey Numloom,

Thanks for your reply!

I definitely agree with you that they think this might be suspicious. I would think the same myself. However, I'd have to renew my passport in October anyway, otherwise I wouldn't be able to travel. So if I had done that they would give me a stamp until April again?

It's just that it doesn't make sense to me. They say something in their letter but do not act accordingly.

And regarding the treatment, I am in contact with a solicitor already. So let's see how things will work out.

Cheers!

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:32 am

malik0543 wrote:@ gorgeous

sorry to heard about this ............. but the problem is ........... in Ireland its all depend on Individual who is dealing with you.

i been to GNIB office many time, sometime they say bring all docs and some time they dont even bother see passports and proceed....

you can take this matter to court but dont know about outcome ......... consult with good solicitor...
I definitely agree with you, it all depends on who is dealing with you. But they shouldn't be so rude and at least know what an ID is.

I don't think I will take this to court, but I have complained to Solvit about this case, let's see if they can do anything. I just went there to get the remaining time of my visa, didn't know that they would do that. I was really shocked by their attitude.

Imagine what they do to students? And they can't say anything because they'd be afraid to be kicked out of the country... Such a shame!

malik0543

Post by malik0543 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:59 pm

HI gorgeous

Garda is exempted from Solvit and other EU organisation.....

Solvit can push INIS but they will say that they already approved your application.

i think contact your local TD.

griffith
Mood:
Ireland

Post by griffith » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:29 am

Any update on this, did you go back to the immigration to get the remainder of your stamp ?
Stay strong & never Give up!