ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Husband Won his appeal what next

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cutieme
Newly Registered

Husband Won his appeal what next

Post by cutieme » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:39 pm

Hi All

My jamaican husband won his appeal, then the ECO, challenged the judges decision then it went to the senior immigration judge who was in our favour again, then the Secretary of State challenged it. We waited the 28 days, that was given for them to take it to the Administrative Court, the 28 days have seized and we haven't heard a thing. Do I take it that the HO have decided not to challenge the decision.

I am a nervous wreck as I don't know what the next step is. Could someone please help with some useful advise.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:49 pm

Well done!

I have just been successful in an appeal from Jamaica, and Kingston actually issued the visa yesterday - exactly three weeks after the decision was made by the judge. This makes me think that Kingston are getting their act together.

You may want to call Kingston and see if they have received the decision. If they haven't, e-mail Determinations.Team@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to see if they have sent it out yet.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

cutieme
Newly Registered

Post by cutieme » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:02 pm

Thank you Victoria I will do that today

moha
Newly Registered

can u help me pls

Post by moha » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:09 pm

i wish ur process will be quick as u wish ,

iam going to interview next month , can u pls help me for my interivew and i want to ask how long appeal take of time if my visa rejected ,

wish u goodluck

regards

cutieme
Newly Registered

Post by cutieme » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:01 pm

The only advice that I can give you is to ensure that you are completely prepared and that you have evidence to support everything that you have put on your form, its best to have too much information than not enough

cutieme
Newly Registered

Post by cutieme » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:05 pm

Hi Victoria

I emailed the determination address that you gave me, I just received a response from them confirmining that a copy of the immigration judges determination with a covering letter was emailed to kingston ECO on 19 October 2007.

I am a bit concerned now as I also called the BHC in Kingston and was told that they hadn't received anything as yet. Do you think the Secretary of State challenging the decision has messed up the paperwork.

I am getting frustrated how can England send it in October 2007 and up until today Jamaica insist that they haven't received the information. How many determinations are they expecting to receive, I am a little naive concerning this.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:59 pm

You are not naive, they are morons.

I would suggest e-mailing the determinations team again and telling them what Kingston said.

This makes no sense considering the swiftness of my decision last month.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

moha
Newly Registered

interview

Post by moha » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:16 am

thanx for your reply .

can u tell me please how was the interview of your husband and kind of questions they asked during his interview .

regards

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:53 pm

This was not my husband but my client.

I suggest you look on this forum for examples of interview questions.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:12 pm

VictoriaS wrote:This was not my husband but my client.

Victoria
I think Moha's question about the husband is directed at cutieme! :)

cutieme
Newly Registered

Post by cutieme » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:22 pm

Hi Moha

My husband said that he interview was a nightmare and that he thought the ECO had already mad up her mind before she went into the room, he said that she was rude and wasn't listening to him.

Most of the questions were:
How we met?
Why did he overstay
She didn't believe that I supported both of us, considering that she had payslips from both my jobs, she obviously thought I work 7 days a weeks for my health. I don't think there are any standard questions as such as each ECO has a different approach

cutieme
Newly Registered

Post by cutieme » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:24 pm

Hi Victoria

I have emailed the determination team again informing then about the details concerning Kingston.

They were swift with there response yesterday, I hope they respond to me swiftly again today.

Thanks for you help

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:43 pm

Rozen wrote:
VictoriaS wrote:This was not my husband but my client.

Victoria
I think Moha's question about the husband is directed at cutieme! :)
Whoops!

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

cutieme
Newly Registered

Post by cutieme » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:31 pm

Hi Victoria

The Determination team reconfirmed for me today, that they will not be appealing against the judges decision and that the determination was sent to kingston via email on 19 October 2007. My husband is going to call them today with the facts, I mean what takes them so long,

cutieme
Newly Registered

Post by cutieme » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:29 pm

Well its a new year, but the same old issue is hanging over my head, Kingston still haven't been in contact with my husband, and it seems that the determination team are no longer responding to my emails, as they keep telling me that that emailed Kingston on the 19 October 2007 and Kingston keep denying that they ever received anything.

What do I do now?

Why must I constantly have to fight Kingston every step of the way?

hello_kitty

Post by hello_kitty » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:58 pm

I heard from my solicitor that the fastest way is to get the true copy signed by the judge who had approved your appeal and bring it to the embassy who is going to stamp you the visa. From that, they wouldnt will deny your victory as the true copy is infront of them. Make sure u keep a copy before u give it to them. Hope this help

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:27 pm

I would make a complaint to UK Visas, via their website.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

cutieme
Newly Registered

Post by cutieme » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:31 pm

Thanks Victoria

I most definitely will do this.

Cutieme

cutieme
Newly Registered

Post by cutieme » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:32 am

Does any one know how long it takes the visa to be issued once, the information from the uk, reaches Kingston mailbox, to them actually actioning it and calling my husband

I would been apart for my husband for nearly 2 years by the time he gets his visa