ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving License and Birth Certificate

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ambreen

Driving License and Birth Certificate

Post by Ambreen » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:47 am

Hi,

I am preparing my HSMP application, please guide me on following :

I live in Saudi Arabia (ksa), ladies are not allowed to drive in KSA. I have driving licese of UAE and valid upto 2009. On UAE Driving Licese date of birth is not mentioned. Shall i submit it or not.

I have Original Birth Certficate with me, but my name is mis-spelled on it.
Doet is matter. (Original Name Ambreen) On birth certificate Ambrien

About Notarized Passport Copy, we dont have notary facilities in Saudi ARabia for expatriates. I can go to Pakistan Embassy to attest my Passport Copy. Would it be enough.

Senior Memebers please advice What shall i do.
Reply as soon as possible.

Thanks

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:00 pm

Hiya,

1. UAE Drivers Licence: No point submitting a document for Age Proof that does not help calculate your age in any way... I don't believe the DL is of any use.

2. If you name is misspelt on your Birth Certificate, consider "correcting" (not sure if its possible!) it and then applying.

3. I recommend having passport attested. It is the most undisputable piece of evidence you can provide.

Since you need to provide two pieces of evidence, I would suggest getting your Birth Certificate corrected and having your passport notarised by your embassy.

I wouldn't jeopardize my case submitting proof that in inconclusive.

Just curious... how come your passport has the correct spelling when in your BC it is spelt wrong?

Cheers.

Ambreen

Post by Ambreen » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:47 am

Hi,
Thanks for reply, I did the attestation of my passport today.
I have Pakistani Passport, from Pakistan Embassy Dubai, they make the passport from the filled application form or 'B' form, which was filled by my father and he wrote the correct spelling, (This happened when i was only 5 years old. since that time its the same.
Anyway thanks for the suggestion and i also believe that attested passport copy could be the best option.
cheers

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:58 pm

In spite of spelling mistake birth certificate as such is the best documentary evidence of age for points.