ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notice of marriage

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alisher
Newly Registered

Notice of marriage

Post by Alisher » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:57 pm

NOUNOU789 wrote:Hello everyone,
i'm a non EU citizen and i gave notice to marry with EU citizen in registry office in the 15/02/2016
after 10 days i got a letter from home office wich says that our notice period will be 70 days
and in this 70 days they invited us to attend an interview to check if we are genuine couple , in the end of interview they tried to take me to detention because i'm an overstayer but in the end they set me free but i had to come to immigration reporting centre every week ,the next day we went to solicitor and we made an application of residence card and we puted the certificate of relegious ceremony in order to let me stay in the uk with my wife.
in the 25 th of april i got a certificate of application from home office wich says that they can't confirm my right to work because i'm unmaried partner to an EU citizen and they will not revisit the terms of my application until the decision of my application will be decided withing the next six months.
after that they send me a letter that they gave us the permission to marry and we got marry in the 10/05/2016 in the registry office.
after one day i went to the solicitor and i gave him the marriage certificate to send it to home office to support my case.
now i want to get a COA with right to work because i'm a married partner to EU citizen,
should i ask for that or should i wait until they made the decision of my application ?
thank you.

Hi Dear,
In which council you gave notice. I am Non Eu citizen.I did Islamic Marriage in February 2016 & I posted my application 9th May 2016. Home office received on 11th May and they took my fee on same day. After that I did't received any letter from them. I still have to do council Marriage. So what shall I have wait for their response or go to council give them notice of marriage.
Can anybody give me advise on this. Bro I need some more information.can you give your email address so I can contact you.

noajthan

Re: Notice of marriage

Post by noajthan » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:02 pm

Welcome.

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one) as you had posted an off-topic question in someone else's thread.

Emails are not to be shared in public - see Board T&Cs.

This is a public forum - post in public so all may share, contribute and benefit.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Alisher
Newly Registered

Post by Alisher » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:08 pm

noajthan wrote:Welcome.

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one) as you had posted an off-topic question in someone else's thread.

Emails are not to be shared in public - see Board T&Cs.

This is a public forum - post in public so all may share, contribute and benefit.
Dear,

I am new on this boards.So I don't much about it.

Alisher
Newly Registered

Post by Alisher » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:14 pm

Alisher wrote:
NOUNOU789 wrote:Hello everyone,
i'm a non EU citizen and i gave notice to marry with EU citizen in registry office in the 15/02/2016
after 10 days i got a letter from home office wich says that our notice period will be 70 days
and in this 70 days they invited us to attend an interview to check if we are genuine couple , in the end of interview they tried to take me to detention because i'm an overstayer but in the end they set me free but i had to come to immigration reporting centre every week ,the next day we went to solicitor and we made an application of residence card and we puted the certificate of relegious ceremony in order to let me stay in the uk with my wife.
in the 25 th of april i got a certificate of application from home office wich says that they can't confirm my right to work because i'm unmaried partner to an EU citizen and they will not revisit the terms of my application until the decision of my application will be decided withing the next six months.
after that they send me a letter that they gave us the permission to marry and we got marry in the 10/05/2016 in the registry office.
after one day i went to the solicitor and i gave him the marriage certificate to send it to home office to support my case.
now i want to get a COA with right to work because i'm a married partner to EU citizen,
should i ask for that or should i wait until they made the decision of my application ?
thank you.

Hi Dear,
I am Non Eu citizen.I did Islamic Marriage in February 2016 & I posted my application 9th May 2016. Home office received on 11th May and they took my fee on same day. After that I did't received any letter from them. I still have to do council Marriage. So what shall I have wait for their response or go to council give them notice of marriage.
Can anybody give me advise on this. Bro I need some more information.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:16 pm

The application you have submitted at present will only be considered as an unmarried partner application as Islamic marriages aren't recognised under British law.
When you give notice to marry at the Council Registry Office, the Registrar is legally bound to notify the Home Office. The HO can then extend the notification period from 28 to 70 days in order to interview you both before the wedding can take place if they choose to do so.
Do you have any legal status in the UK?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Alisher
Newly Registered

Post by Alisher » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:19 pm

Casa wrote:The application you have submitted at present will only be considered as an unmarried partner application as Islamic marriages aren't recognised under British law.
Thanks for your reply. What shall I do my documents are with home office. I need to do British Marriage as well. For that I need original passport. I don't know what to do.

Alisher
Newly Registered

Post by Alisher » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:22 pm

Alisher wrote:
Casa wrote:The application you have submitted at present will only be considered as an unmarried partner application as Islamic marriages aren't recognised under British law.
Thanks for your reply. What shall I do my documents are with home office. I need to do British Marriage as well. For that I need original passport. I don't know what to do.

yes my student application is still pending with home office.

Alisher
Newly Registered

Post by Alisher » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:24 pm

Alisher wrote:

Alisher
Newly Registered

Post by Alisher » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:05 pm

Alisher wrote:
Alisher wrote:

Do any body know what type question they ask in interview

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:30 pm

Alisher wrote:
Alisher wrote:

I don't believe that you can have two applications running at the same time, one of which is under UK Immigration Rules and the other as an extended family member of an EEA national.
Not much you can do at present apart from wait for communication from the Home Office as you're unable to register your intent to marry at the Registry Office without a valid passport.
A interview for the Home Office to determine whether your relationship is genuine.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

SE/nech
Newly Registered

Post by SE/nech » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:38 pm

the HO will contact u by mail ( in the last week of 70 days of investigation )
they will call u for an interview or they will visit it u ( we had a home visit at 6am )
or they will allow to get married with no interview or home visit

Alisher
Newly Registered

Decision not to investigate

Post by Alisher » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:12 pm

Good Evening every one,
I have a quick question may be anyone can help me. I received a letter from HO 2 weeks before regarding My marriage Notice. On top of the letter they put Decision not to Investigate & my notice Period will remain same within 28 days which is going to expire on 20-07-16.
Yesterday I spoke to council for my original documents. They told me they didn't received any letter from HO. That why they keep my documents. They told me when you come for registration they will give me back. So please advise me Shall I go for registration on that date which I give to council.

Alisher
Newly Registered

Re: Decision not to investigate

Post by Alisher » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:06 am

Alisher wrote:Good Evening every one,
I have a quick question may be anyone can help me. I received a letter from HO 2 weeks before regarding My marriage Notice. On top of the letter they put Decision not to Investigate & my notice Period will remain same within 28 days which is going to expire on 20-07-16.
Yesterday I spoke to council for my original documents. They told me they didn't received any letter from HO. That why they keep my documents. They told me when you come for registration they will give me back. So please advise me Shall I go for registration on that date which I give to council.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:09 am

M.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Sidali42
Wales

Post by Sidali42 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:07 pm

SE/nech wrote:the HO will contact u by mail ( in the last week of 70 days of investigation )
they will call u for an interview or they will visit it u ( we had a home visit at 6am )
If they send letter to allow u to get marry they still can call for interview before 70 days notice finish ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:17 pm

Sidali42 wrote:
SE/nech wrote:the HO will contact u by mail ( in the last week of 70 days of investigation )
If they send letter to allow u to get marry they still can call for interview before 70 days notice finish ?
No, but I believe your letter may state that this doesn't mean the relationship won't be scrutinised when you submit your visa application. In other words, they have the right to interview you after the marriage.
(Casa, not CR001)

Sidali42
Wales

Post by Sidali42 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:37 pm

Thanks for answer . But they still can come for home visit before 70 days notice finish ? I dont mind if they come cuz im living with my fiance for 1 year now . Im just scared they take me bcs im overstay

silver007
Newly Registered

Post by silver007 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:59 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have been following this forum and would like to know did you receive the approval from Home Office yet or not to get married. If yes how did they take to reply and if not what happened. Can you please help coz I am in the same situation waiting for approval from HO

Sidali42
Wales

Post by Sidali42 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:01 am

Hello bro . Are u waiting for permission from ho to get marry or got marry already ?

silvanti_78
Mood:
Germany

Post by silvanti_78 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:06 pm

Sidali42 wrote:
Hi Sidali,

by your name I assume you are north african but let me share my experiance with my Husband.

we spoke to the register office mid march and we let them know that we arlready did our Nikkah.

Husband was / is here without any papers ( awating reply from HO)

we had our notice period extended to 70 days. however the marriage referral team will send you a letter and ask fro your contact details / mail address and also says if we need more details ie. interview you will hear from us by dat xyz... that date will be on day 60 of the notice period.

If you will not get a letter or interview invitation then you will get a letter a few days before the notice period that you are clear to get married.

I hope this shed some light into this.

I know the wait is never pleasant. all you can do is ensure that in case of an interview you are prepared.

We were lucky enough not to be interviewed.

All the best in sha Allah

Sidali42
Wales

Post by Sidali42 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:21 pm

Thank u so much for your answer . Alhmdulillah i've got marry in register office and they didn't call for interview or home visit . Now im going to apply for residance card . Inshaa allah is gonna be fine . Im with my wife for 1year in london I hope is gonna be fine really . Good luck for u as well

silvanti_78
Mood:
Germany

Post by silvanti_78 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:52 pm

Sidali42 wrote:Thank u so much for your answer . Alhmdulillah i've got marry in register office and they didn't call for interview or home visit . Now im going to apply for residance card . Inshaa allah is gonna be fine . Im with my wife for 1year in london I hope is gonna be fine really . Good luck for u as well

Mabrouk for your marriage.

when you fill out the application ensure that you have all the right paper work. rather send more than less.
It took me a few days to have it sorted but we have send our appliciation 7 weeks ago.
Just be patient.
dont bother with a laywer etc as the application itself you can do alone.

I have added all our photos on a memory card as I wasnt willed to pay a fortune on prints. I even added my photos from my visit to the in laws in ALG just to be on the safe side.

add all possible bills you have and in sha allah all goes to plan.

at the end of the day your wife is a member of the EU so therfor its your right to be here with her.

Sidali42
Wales

Post by Sidali42 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:33 pm

Thank you very much sister . Im from algeria as well . I printed all our pictures more than 180 picture and I have tv liecence bill and talk talk internet for 4 months . Some letter from tesco and waitross etc and my wife has bank statement and other letters like gp etc . I dont know if its enough or not . I have as well our islamic marriage paper when we got marry in mosque before year ago

silvanti_78
Mood:
Germany

Post by silvanti_78 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:45 pm

ensure you have gas / electric / water bill. Coucil Tax bill ( that should be in both names.

I know most bills cannot be shared and also if you havent got papers you cant have a bill either.

I didnt send them our Nikkah certificate but only a photo of it as they are not really that bothered about that... nor is it valid here

I recommend to get a second marriage certificate so you do not have to post the hand written one in case it gets lost.

send it secured and signed for as you send passports. ensure your wife has another kind of ID as they will keep her passport for a while as well.

I am glad I am not traveling home at the moment so I dont need my passport but believe me it feels awful not having my passport or being able to travel spontanious.

we have received our mail confirmation this week and awaiting the biometrics letter now. its a waiting game. SABR.... big time and that doesnt work for me as I am a woman hhhhhhh

Sidali42
Wales

Post by Sidali42 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:25 pm

I believe that everything is coming from allah not the home office inshaa allah we dont want anything bad just to get out papers to visit our family and live normal life with my wife . When the person wants good inside him he will find good . And the solution with allah not with ho . Just u have to be patient as well . I did my best but I cant get any bills on my name just the internet bills they knows its hard for us to get those things but they still want to make it harder but I believe allah will make it easier . Allah knows how much trublle i've got with my wife this year to find room to live and get this bills . Now I left the rest for god and im patient