ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship + passport photos

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bochin
Newly Registered

British citizenship + passport photos

Post by Bochin » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:06 pm

Hi guys,

Quick question... hopefully...

We are applying now for Citizenship and passports at the same time and we are required to provide 3 identical photos. Email from NCS says "Please ensure that all 3 photographs you are required to bring are identical and have your full name and date of birth on the back." However application for passport say one of the photographs needs to be certified if it is for first British passport...

I'm a bit confused? Should we get one certified? Or is it not required because we are sending our EU passport where they can see our photograph?

As always thanks in advance for help!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British citizenship + passport photos

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:26 pm

It is not about 'seeing a photo in your EU passport' for comparison. The photo(s) need to have written on the back what the guidance book asks for (passport and Form AN).

Do you have a document certifying your permanent residence?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bochin
Newly Registered

Post by Bochin » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:56 pm

Yes we do have document certifying our residency.

Well yeah it's the email from NCA which confused me as they are saying bring 3 photos singed by you and that's it. Not the certified photo...

shoopshoop
Newly Registered

Post by shoopshoop » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:58 pm

I'm almost positive only one of my photos needed the details on the back and just hand written by me (the NCS take the role of the certifying person, for the same reason no referee is needed on passport forms) Are you doing the NCS, they should help you out when u are face to face, our person was very nice and super helpful.

Bochin
Newly Registered

Post by Bochin » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:12 pm

Yes we are going through NCS and the quote i provided in first post was from the email they have sent us prior to appointment.

Were you applying fro passport at the same time? or just Citizenship? I think one photo is for BC and two are for passport but still not sure if one needs to be certified or not...

shoopshoop
Newly Registered

Post by shoopshoop » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:36 pm

We did the joint citizenship and passport service, three identical passports, no counter signature needed (section 10 of passport form) so definitely no counter signature needed for photos.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:45 pm

I would err on the side of caution and do as the NCS have advised in their email. After all, this is the NCS which you will be using to handle your application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

shoopshoop
Newly Registered

Post by shoopshoop » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:07 pm

I'm positive it was all in the guide documents available online, telling us exactly what we needed to complete with regard to the passport forms.

shoopshoop
Newly Registered

Post by shoopshoop » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:10 pm

Surely all NCS personnel operate from the same guidelines? I wouldn't have thought there was an room for interpretation in something so serious.

Bochin
Newly Registered

Post by Bochin » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:12 pm

Well yeah you would hope so...

We are taking 4 photos 3 signed by us and one I will get certified as well just in case...

shoopshoop
Newly Registered

Post by shoopshoop » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:27 pm

I've just double checked with my husband as we did the process together (individual applications at same time) and this is the info given from Reading Borough Council, its possible your NCS office does things differently but worth checking their own website...

http://www.reading.gov.uk/citizenship

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:13 am

I believe the differences the OP has referred to here are related to the JCAP (Joint citizenship and passport) application process. There are a couple of topics under this forum where members have explained that the process has changed somewhat since it initially started. What I've read is that since around February this year, if applying through JCAP then the passport form does not need to be countersigned and the passport photo doesn't need to be signed by the countersigntory either.

If in doubt you should verify this by speaking to the JCAP participating council you are applying through.