ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP delivery time May 2016

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amehmood04916
Newly Registered

BRP delivery time May 2016

Post by amehmood04916 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:04 am

Hello all
I got ILR approved on 19.05.2016 at PEO Sheffield. Now Waiting for BRP to arrive just wondering if anyone applied on the same dates and received. I am starting a new JOB on Monday 06.06.2016 and hopefully would receive BRP before that and if not can I use the approval letter on the first day at work? Any suggestions ?

CanadianInLondon
Newly Registered

Re: BRP delivery time May 2016

Post by CanadianInLondon » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:00 am

20.05.2016 approval at PEO Croydon. No word of BRP yet. extremely annoying as was due to fly out on 03.06.2016 overseas with costly visa/flight/accommodations (most of which are not recoverable) and will have to cancel. have called to inquire DX and Home Office on alternatives in terms of whether approval letter would suffice - conflicting reports as one officer said that it should be fine as I do not require a visa to enter the UK while another recommended not to travel without BRP.

not sure how it works with respect to work, but i suspect that like with travel, the BRP would be required prior to commencing employment.

it's a very frustrating, poorly communicated, and even degrading/humiliating process. hope it works out on your end soon!

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Post by trueblue19 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:44 am

Speaking from personal experience, my case (Tier 2 G LTR) was approved at Croydon PSC on 9th May, and I received my BRP on 15th May. My spouse, who had applied for a Tier 2 Dependent extension, along with me, however, did not get her BRP until the 20th of May. At this point, I decided to contact UKVI via this link (https://www.biometric-residence-permit. ... r-received). My immigration lawyer was then informed by UKVI that case-worker 'forgot' to issue the BRP after approving the case. Finally, I received the BRP for my spouse about 5 days back.

The incompetency, it seems, runs very deep...

amehmood04916
Newly Registered

Post by amehmood04916 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:18 am

Hello all
A quick update: I still have not received BRP after 11 workings days. I sent online non delivery from but no response yet. I rang ukvi ON 03001232241 but apparently they don't have access to such information. No one helps from ukvi I don't understand why? I am starting new Job on Monday the 6th and would have to go without BRP. Is there any other way I can contact anyone else for BRP?