ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address Change query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tg2016
Newly Registered

Address Change query

Post by tg2016 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:08 pm

Hi All,
I have applied for my son's Registration and passport and awaiting them. But I have recentl;y moved home. I have the following queries. Kindly can someone clarify them:

1) I have had Royal mail redirection to my new address. So when the passport and reg certificate are sent will they come at the new address?

2) I am trying to update the address change at https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... pdate.ofml. while filling it should I fill it in my name or my infant son's name?

3) I have noticed that on 13/05/2016 £46 has been deducted from my bank account for passport. Does this mean his registration has successfully been done and his passport is currently being prepared?

Regards

pebb1ee

Re: Address Change query

Post by pebb1ee » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:19 pm

1) I have had Royal mail redirection to my new address. So when the passport and reg certificate are sent will they come at the new address?

2) I am trying to update the address change at https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... pdate.ofml. while filling it should I fill it in my name or my infant son's name?

Answer for Q1 & Q2
I applied for my child registration certificate using MN1 form and then after 2 months, I 've moved to a new address. I updated the new address through the website which you have pasted earlier. I have used my Son's name when updating the address. The citizenship certificate was received in my child's name at the new address. Citizenship certificate is normally send by Royal mail second class post.

3) I have noticed that on 13/05/2016 £46 has been deducted from my bank account for passport. Does this mean his registration has successfully been done and his passport is currently being prepared?

Answer for Q3:
If you update your new address through the home office website, i would advise to call the home office helpline and ask them if the passport will be sent to the new address too. Also check with your NCS.
Passports are sent through DX-courier.

Regards[/quote]

tg2016
Newly Registered

Post by tg2016 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:52 pm

Thanks Pebb1ee,

When you changed your address online using your son's name what proof of address did you submit as all the bills are in my name so what documentary evidence can we produce as addres evidence for a child?

Regards

pebb1ee

Post by pebb1ee » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:50 pm

tg2016 wrote:Thanks Pebb1ee,

When you changed your address online using your son's name what proof of address did you submit as all the bills are in my name so what documentary evidence can we produce as addres evidence for a child?

Regards
Last year, when i have updated address for my son MN1 form, there was no requirement to attach any documentary evidence.

If i would be you, I will use the mail option which is rather better as you can then include a letter stating that your family has moved to a new address with documentary evidence of yours and put all the details of your child in there. Also attach any correspondence letter's photocopies sent by the home office which may have your son Case no.

Submitting a change of address by post
You can submit a change of address by post, by sending the necessary information and copies of the necessary documents listed above, to:
Change of address team
11th floor, Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:35 pm

tg2016 wrote:Thanks Pebb1ee,

Regards
I have used the online form twice successfully even after receiving DCPR just to update HO on my new address and never had to supply any evidence. I know it worked because when I did an SAR to find out the info they held on me the address changes were included.