ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PPS Number, GNIB and PRTB

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cheloz

PPS Number, GNIB and PRTB

Post by cheloz » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:23 pm

Hi all,

I'm a non-EU married to an EU citizen, we just arrived to Dublin, I got a few questions:

- I've been given a month to report to GNIB, but what if I report before the EU citizen have found a job? we don't even have PPSN yet, therefore no Bank accounts here yet as well.

- On that note, we have an appointment at Intreo for a PPSN but then we don't know how to provide proof that we really need a PPS Number. the EU citizen must start working but without a PPSN it's not going to be easy to find a job... what to do?

- We live with a landlord in the same house, we have our own double bedroom, the landlord pays everything online and we pay the rent cash, so we basically have no acceptable proof of address for opening a bank account like a utility bill. what do you suggest?

Thanks everybody.

cheloz

Re: PPS Number, GNIB and PRTB

Post by cheloz » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:29 pm

regarding PRTB I forgot, do we need it ? because I read somewhere that if we live with the landlord, we don't need PRTB... but what DO we need? (if that is true)