ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependant extension with main applicant on ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sneha2212
Newly Registered

PBS Dependant extension with main applicant on ILR

Post by sneha2212 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:30 pm

Hi,
My husband currently holds an ILR(Indefinite Leave to Remain). His last held visa is 'Tier 2 General' and he got ILR in dec 2014.
I am currently on 'Tier 2 Dependent' visa (this was based on my husbands 'Tier 2 General which he held previously) and I did not change my visa after he got ILR. My current visa status is 'Tier 2 dependent' which will expire on 25th Feb 2015.
I would like these to be answered please.
1. I believe I need to extend my visa as 'PBS Dependent' visa. Please confirm if this is true?
2. When is the earliest I can start my application process?
3. Which application form do I have to fill in?
4. Documents required to support my application and fees?
5. Can I go to India and come back to UK in December 2015 with my current visa (my visa will not be valid for 3 months at the time of travel in December 2015)
6. Do I have to stay in UK at the time of applying for visa.

It would be really helpful if you could provide info to the above queries.

Thanks & Regards,
SK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependant extension with main applicant on ILR

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:53 pm

1. Yes, but only if your husband got his ILR based on Tier 2 and 5 years residence.

2. 28 days before it expires.

3. PBS Dependent form see here (click), you will also have to pay the immigration health surcharge (between £400 and £600 depending on how long you need an extension for), this is in addition to the visa extension application fee.

4. See the form link in #2 and the PBS Dependent Policy/Guidance (click). The fees are listed in the form (link in #2)

5. Yes, as long as your visa is valid when you return. There is no requirement to have a visa valid for a certain period.

6. Yes, as if you apply by post, you have to send your passport. You can also apply in person for a same day decision but this costs a bit more.

How long have you been in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

poms123
Newly Registered

PBS Dependant extension or ILR Eligible - main applicant on

Post by poms123 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:43 pm

Hello Immigration Board Team,

I have a query on my wife's visa extension/ILR eligibility, given that my visa (main applicant) is changed from Tier 2 Gen to ILR recently on 13th Mar 2015 on 5 year Rule basis.

Let me get you the exact visa status of my wife and can you please let us know if she is eligible for ILR or normal Tier 2 dependent visa extension ?

She is been living continuously in UK with me since Apr 2010 on my dependent visa

1. Her first UK Visa (Tier 2 ICT dependent visa) was issued in India.
The validity of it was from 19/03/2010 to 15/04/2012

2. Her next Tier 2 ICT Dependent visa extension happened in UK.
The validity was - From 03/05/2012 to 02/04/2013

3. Her next Tier 2 ICT Dependent visa extension happened in UK.
The validity was - From 09/05/2013 to 05/10/2013

4. Her next Tier 2 ICT Dependent visa extension happened in UK.
The validity was - From 12/11/2013 to 29/07/2014

And since I resigned from my first job, we all had to go back to India on 28th July 2014. But only I had a tier 2 general visa issued from a agency then which was valid from 18th July 2014 for 3 years.
I was planning to get my family's visa within few days, but it didn't happen till Nov/Dec 2014 for various reasons.

And then she was in India for 3 months (the UK visa was expired when she was in India) and then came back to UK on my new Tier 2 General Dependent visa( I changed my job again and got new visa from a new Company )

The details of my wife's visa as follows

5. Her new Tier 2 General Dependent Visa was issued in India.
The validity of it was - From 11/12/2014 to 14/01/2015

6. Her next Tier 2 Gen Dependent visa extension happened in UK.
The validity was - From 05/02/2015 to 14/01/2016

Now that her current UK Visa is expiriring in mid Jan 2016, I am not sure if we can appy her ILR or should we go for the Tier 2 Gen Visa extension.

Can you please advice

1. If I can apply my wife's ILR based on the fact that she has lived on a pre July 2012 Tier 2 Depenendent Visa since 2010 till 28th July 2014 ?

2. If she is not eligible for ILR now, can you please explain why ?

3. Can you please let us know when she will be eligible for the ILR ?

Regards,
Poms.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:56 pm

poms123 wrote:And then she was in India for 3 months (the UK visa was expired when she was in India) and then came back to UK on my new Tier 2 General Dependent visa( I changed my job again and got new visa from a new Company )
1. No.
2. Unfortunately, I think that her continuous leave may have been broken during 29/07/2014 and 11/12/2014, while she was in India.
3. Her 5 years qualifying period probably restarted when she last entered the UK on her entry clearance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

poms123
Newly Registered

Post by poms123 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:39 am

Thanks Vinny for quick response.

sitharaj
Newly Registered

Post by sitharaj » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:25 pm

Hello CR001 et al,

My situation is similar to sneha2212's as above.

I have come across - https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... re_visa_ex

My wife's "PBS Tier 1 Dependent visa" is valid until - 27/Oct/2016.
And she would be eligible for ILR in June 2018.
i.e., we need the "Tier 1 PBS dependent visa" extension for only 2 years to be eligible for my wife's ILR.

I am currently on ILR, I got eligible for my naturalization/British Citizenship on 31-Dec-2015.

Please, could anyone suggest when should we apply for my wife's "PBS Tier1 dependent visa", please ?

The issues are, my wife's employer wants a valid visa for employment to continue and my Naturalization application need to be done only after she attains her "Tier 1 PBS dependent visa extension" else the clock sets to Zero again.

Thanks,
Satya

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:28 am

Her Leave will be granted for a period three years. So,I suppose that she may extend at any time now, as it should be extended beyond her eligibility for ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sitharaj
Newly Registered

Post by sitharaj » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:42 pm

Hello Vinny,

Thanks a lot for the reply, appreciate your time.

We are opting for an online application, as opposed to the traditional PEO / Postal applications.

Visa category:
Please, could you suggest if we need to select the visa category while applying online.
I don't see anything like - FLR(M) / SET(O) or something I ought to select.
I am not sure if I am doing the right thing.

Please suggest if the online application from UKV&I selects the applications forms automatically and makes us apply for the visa accordingly (Without us manually selecting the visa application forms) ?
We are ensuring not to have rejections based on this.

IHS Surcharge:
In our case, please suggest the IHS we need to pay.
My wife needs PBS Tier 1 visa extension only for 2 years.
i.e., as per the calculation, we need to pay £ 400 (£ 200 X 2 Years), but the application for IHS puts us to pay £ 600 by default.
Please suggest if we could get a refund from the UKV&I ?

Kindest Regards,
Satya

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:54 pm

vinny wrote:Her Leave will be granted for a period 3 years. So,I suppose that she may extend at any time now, as it should be extended beyond her eligibility for ILR.
As vinny has advised, she will be granted a visa for 3 years therefore IHS is £600.

What are the options the 'visa category' is giving you? We don't all have log ins to check what the options are that you are getting.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.