ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics logging again?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aussie80
Newly Registered

Biometrics logging again?

Post by Aussie80 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:03 pm

Hello I have spent an hour researching this so please forgive me if it has been answered.

I registered my Biometrics last year for my residence permit. I sent the permit card in with my naturalisation application in May 2016 and told them to keep it.
Will I need to register my biometrics again in this case? If so will this be the last time in the process to gain a passport?

Thank you!!!

Noetic
Member of Standing

Re: Biometrics logging again?

Post by Noetic » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:24 pm

Have a read through the naturalisation form and relevant guidance there is a section that specifically deals with this https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an

Aussie80
Newly Registered

Post by Aussie80 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:37 pm

Yes thank you. I have . Several times over 6 months. I am hoping someone that is in the exact situation as me can confirm as the timelines dont say if they sent their Biometric card in with application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:39 pm

You will need to enroll your biometric information again once you receive the letter from HO to do so. You enroll them at a Post Office that offers the service (not all do), the cost is £19-20 for this.

This is required to be done regardless of whether your sent your BRP card in or not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aussie80
Newly Registered

Post by Aussie80 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:43 pm

Oh. I feared that. Just more time wasting but thank you very much for you fast reply.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:48 pm

Aussie80 wrote:Oh. I feared that. Just more time wasting but thank you very much for you fast reply.
There's no point enrolling any biometrics ever if HO don't keep checking up on biometrics. Otherwise how will they know its still you at the next stage of your migration journey?!

And its for everyone's benefit not just yours. So we need you to enrol your biometrics too.
Nothing personal - the same applies to every applicant.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.