ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa dead line 21/06/2016

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rmarcandier
Newly Registered

Visa dead line 21/06/2016

Post by rmarcandier » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:38 pm

I currently hold a visa called: Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National however this visa will expire on 21/06/2016 (16 days).

I applied for my new visa on 16/05/2016 and I have **not** received any letter from HO. It normally takes 15 days to receive the first letter which asks for my biometrics and then after this I should receive another letter which will confirm my rights to live and work in the UK.

As I have a son and all my bills to pay I can not be unemployed after 21/06/2016.

I would like to know what is the best procedure to do if I do not receive any letter before 21/06/2016.

ill_gremlinx
Newly Registered

Re: Visa dead line 21/06/2016

Post by ill_gremlinx » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:21 pm

From what I have read on one of the topic here, it takes about 4 weeks from the day you apply to get your biometric letter.
Then after you have completed your biometric enrollment about a week of 2 to receive your Confirmation of application (COA)
After this then you wait for a couple of months to receive your Permanent Residence (PR)
The whole process can take up to 6 months

If you are already employed you can show your employer the COA and you should be allowed to continue working as the COA states so
It also states that you can seek employment but from what i understand most employers don't accept just the COA
They wont more ........plus the COA is only valid for 6 month until application completed

Unfortunately I don't think there is much you can do until you receive you COA.
I maybe wrong though
Hopefully someone with more knowledge on this might be able to share more light
Last edited by ill_gremlinx on Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ill_gremlinx
Newly Registered

Post by ill_gremlinx » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:24 pm

I'll suggest you take a read at the comment in this topic here eea4-fast-processing-times-or-wishful-thinking
Its very helpful

Link http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 52370.html

rmarcandier
Newly Registered

Post by rmarcandier » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:50 pm

Thank you very much for all replies. Really appreciated.

I will check this topic : "eea4-fast-processing-times-or-wishful-thinking"