ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

pasport name / uk name doubted

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xhesika

pasport name / uk name doubted

Post by xhesika » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:47 pm

Say for example you were in England previously, with the name JOE,an error of a single letter because your name is really JO and you didnt correct it whilst in England and now the authorities are refusing you a spouse visa due to your name and nationality on your passport being different to what was recorded by uk authorities last time you were in England e.g your name has always been JO, its says JO on your passport, but the authorities in england previously recorded your name as JOE.

how can you prove your identity further than a passport? signature from countries P.M? what can you do to show the authorities you are really that same person?

Any help would be appreciated

thanks
ChAnGe WhAt YoU cAn AcCePt WhAt YoU cAnT

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:54 pm

If the spelling error were on a first name and was literally that minor I would fight it tooth and nail. You wouldn't even need that evidence.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

xhesika

Post by xhesika » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:07 pm

thanks victoria so if the mistake on his name was literally one letter then we should fight it BUT the problem is that he was 'supposedly from kosovo' on his details in the uk........and he is really from albania which his passport states his true identity BUT how can we prove it and is it a human right or race claim as thats all we are allowed at the appeal ALTHOUGH if we provide evidence of his true identity and fight it by saying the eco was wrong, will they grant an appeal under unfair refusal? I dont know how this system works and my husband has only until 24th january to submit the appeal.................................hence why i am so persistent in wanting advice .

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:17 pm

xhesika wrote:thanks victoria so if the mistake on his name was literally one letter then we should fight it BUT the problem is that he was 'supposedly from kosovo' on his details in the uk........and he is really from albania which his passport states his true identity ...
Has he previously declared that he was from Kosovo?

xhesika

Post by xhesika » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:26 pm

he came to uk as asylum seeker, like most people did, he claimed to be a kosovan albanian from kosovo, just like most of the other albanians claiming asylum who are now married and settled in th uk! whilst he was in uk, the authorities were under the impression he was from kosovo, when he came to uk he was refered to the crappest solicitor and didnt know what he was doing so his first name had an extra letter on the end of it, and he was told to claim asylum as someone from kosovo, although his surname, date of birth and all other info is consistent with what they know and what is on his real passport----HE HAS NEVER OWNED A FAKE PASSPORT-----when he was in uk he was passport and identity free.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:43 pm

In that case, ask for the advice of the immigration consultants on the board.

xhesika

CALLING ALL IMMIGRATION ADVISERS

Post by xhesika » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:44 pm

I need some urgent advice,appeal time limit up 24th january.......please read other posts also.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:49 pm

Victoria or one of the other consultants should be along soonish. You may consider employing their services as it doesn't sound like an easy case.

xhesika

Post by xhesika » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:55 pm

thankyou
I am not currently working as i just came out of hospital after arriving back from greece beginning of dec, I know I am asking alot and you may not want to help me because I am not working, but the town in which I live seems to be full of citizens from other countries and most agencies wish to employ them due to their hard working+low cost earning, this is fair enough but I JUST CANT FIND A JOB right now!!!!
Im in now way being dearly beloved, Im half polish, I know what hard works all about, but as im also half british so they tend to employ foreign rather than myself..........therefore to employ an immigration lawyer with fees, would be out of my reach...............I am also not on benefits, dont want to go down that route.....its a long one,takes too much time to complete+ personally id prefer to work.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:08 pm

xhesika

Did the refusal say that your husband had a fake passport? You can have two identities and one passport. There is a difference between claiming to be from Kosovo in year X (possibly with no passport but fingerprints taken) and now claiming to be Albanian now with a passport to prove it. That is not consistent information.

Is the only ID problem one letter difference?

Or is the ID problem one letter, place of birth (goes with nationality and overall story for asylum claim and is also shown on passports), nationality, and untrue/fraudulent asylum claim which has been found out by the fingerprint check linking to the earlier asylum application and claim to be from Kosovo?

From what you have posted this is much more serious than just the extra/missing k. Was your husband removed to Albania or Kosovo? If Albania, then they already knew he lied, if Kosovo then they found out at the marriage visa application.

One letter difference would be a ridiculous reason to be used for refusal on it's own.

Regards

xhesika

Post by xhesika » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:22 pm

PaperPusher.......I HAVE SENT YOU A PM WITH THE REFUSAL INCLUDED

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:40 pm

xhesika

You should get some detailed advice.

You could see the OISC adviser finder at http://www.oisc.gov.uk/adviser-finder/0 ... finder.asp
Or find a solicitor on the Law Society of England and Wales
http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingan ... icitor.law

If you post your refusal here please take all identifying features out such as names, addresses, places of work etc.

Having two applications, ie the asylum one and then spouse one, with two different identities is a problem.

I cannot give any suggestions, sorry. I have also PM you back.

Regards

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:46 pm

xhesika, do you know if you can get legal aid for this?

xhesika

Post by xhesika » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:48 pm

I have no idea, as i said i dont work, i dont claim benefits, just spending mine + husbands savings to survive and even now they dont amount to much............I am at a loss because the town I live in is quite small and there is not one lawyers/solicitor here that deals with immigration. DO you know if i am entitled to legal aid? I just went on a calculator thingy and it said after i filled in a few questions about finances etc that i was entitled to legal aid but still have to fill the form, which the immigration adviser will help me to do. I need representing too i suppose as I am quite shy when it comes to speaking publicly. can anyone help in this case if they can point me in the direction of sucessful legal aid claim.