ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR and Biometric Residence Card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mezoued
Newly Registered

PR and Biometric Residence Card

Post by mezoued » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:27 pm

Hi everyone, i hold a Permanent Residence Card in my expired passport.does employers accept it as a proof of right to work ? because one recruitment agency told me that they cant accept it as the visa needs to be in my current passport.does anyone know this new Biometric Residence Card apply to PR holders as well really confused many thanks

Noetic
Member of Standing

Re: PR and Biometric Residence Card

Post by Noetic » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:50 pm

Aren't you meant to renew the PR document when you renew the passport the document is physically attached to?

mezoued
Newly Registered

Post by mezoued » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:15 pm

Noetic wrote:Aren't you meant to renew the PR document when you renew the passport the document is physically attached to?
NO i had a PR in an expired passport but as i recently had a new passport i carry both passport when travelling no problem.now i am asking if employers accept the PR in my old expired passport when applying for jobs as one local recruitment agency told that ILR or other visas needs to be in your new valid passport not expired one ,so you need to ask HO to transfer it.is this right? help please much appreciated

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:53 pm

Certainly with my DCPR (not biometric) in the letter I got with it it said to request a new one if my passport is renewed - however rather puzzlingly my DCPR isn't actually one that's in my passport. I've been meaning to look up the process so will do now, just in case my citizenship hasn't been approved when my original passport becomes due to be renewed.

PS just checked and while you can have it transferred, for immigration purposes having both passports is fine. So unsure why employer isn't happy.

mezoued
Newly Registered

Post by mezoued » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:20 pm

thanks mate i myself dont know the agency could get confused ILR with PR. i have found this while googling.

Please note that:

endorsements showing that the holder is exempt from immigration control, is allowed to stay indefinitely (ILR) in the UK, has the right of abode in the UK, or has no time limit on their stay in the UK can only be relied on if they are in a current passport*, however;
endorsements under EEA (European) immigration rules, such as a Permanent Residence Card, showing that the holder has no time limit on their stay in the UK can be relied on whether in a current or expired passport, as long as they are presented along with a current passport in the latter case.

can someone confirm this please thanks

mezoued
Newly Registered

Post by mezoued » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:45 pm

here the link where i get it from please advice

https://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/personnel/re ... procedure/