ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLRm when to apply. time lines

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SAMISPOUSAL
India

FLRm when to apply. time lines

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:24 pm

My wife's spouse entry clearance visa issued 14 Feb 2014 ( exp 14 Nov 2016 = 33 m )
entered UK 26 March 2014

she will have lived in uk for two and half years on 26 sept 2016
there is a window of time to apply for FLRm
does that window start from 28 days before this date so it is 30 august 2016- 14 Nov 2016 ?

VERY V important Q... On what date will the FLRm start ( from when we apply or when they issue it ? )
How long do they take to issue the FLRm ( postal appn) ? If that is less than 28 days then consider this
If you apply 28 days short of two and half years plus you get two and half years of FLRm you will be that many days short of the five years required to get the ILR ?

what are the processing times for FLRm postal appn ? that becomes very important question.
please reply
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Re: FLRm when to apply. time lines

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:45 pm

I just spoke to Home Office now and they said this.

The earliest you can apply for FLRm is 28 days before THE EXPIRY OF YOUR visa. and not 28 days before being in UK for two and half years.

so why are some people talking about the possibility of applying any earlier than that? even an immigration consultant told me that wrong info as well.
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:28 am

That's news to me.
The initial visa to enter the country as a spouse is 33 months to give applicants 3 months extra if they need time before they travel.
The rules state clearly that the applicant needs to have been in the UK for 60 months to then apply for FLR. If they came to the UK as soon as the visa was issued then they can apply up to 3 months before the visa expires.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:46 am

As is very common, the 'advice' given by the Home Office helpline is flawed. FLR(M) can be applied for at any time, as long as you ensure you will have completed the 2.5 year period in order to ensure an additional application isn't required to make up any shortfall for ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.