ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Benifits - ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AA321

Child Benifits - ILR

Post by AA321 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:37 pm

Hi,

I have got my ILR done in Jan'2016 and my spouse & child (born outside UK) are still in Tier-2 PBS Dependent visa.

I am planning to apply for their ILR in 2017 only. My spouse is not working.

With the support of this forum what I understand is that I can apply for Child benefits on my name and it wont affect my spouse & child future visa applications.

Whether it is for all type of future visa applications, be it individual ILR or Tier-2 PBS Dependent Extension.

Also let me know in this case any specific constraint which I should be aware of, before applying for the child benefits.

Correct me if I am wrong in my understanding

Many Thanks in anticipation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child Benifits - ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:16 pm

You can apply in your name for child benefit, no issues at all.

If you do claim child tax credits, this must be claimed in JOINT names with your spouse.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AA321

Post by AA321 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:38 pm

Thanks & Sorry for the late response.

I hope this (access to public funds- Child Benefit) will not affect my naturalisation application as well later. Am I correct in this assumption.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:45 pm

No it will not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.