ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

30 day stamp, 1 month to find a job? URGENT

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cheloz

30 day stamp, 1 month to find a job? URGENT

Post by cheloz » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:15 pm

Hi all,

My wife is the EU citizen, we arrived on 1st of June, I have a stamp till 1st of July.
that means I have to report to GNIB till 1st of July with EU1 form?

if yes, I cannot yet, because my wife didn't find a job yet, is that correct?
I guess I can't go there and give them an EU1 form without the Employment section filled in.

what should I do ?

Thank you!

chris1983
Newly Registered

Re: 30 day stamp, 1 month to find a job? URGENT

Post by chris1983 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:27 pm

The best thing to do, is to apply for the EU1 straight away with what documents you have to start the process (less time waiting for card). We only had a marriage certificate when we applied with a cover letter stating we were in the process of finding work etc. We sent the other documents when we acquired them. Once they had most of them we got the letter for the temporary stamp. Its a complete waste of time waiting for documents to apply. The decision won't be made for another 6 months anyway!

The address is the main thing you need to have.

Also you can stay for 3 months, you can ignore that stamp because you are going to be an EU resident card applicant.

cheloz

Post by cheloz » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:46 pm

Thanks for the quick reply !!!

I just read somewhere that they won't process an EU1 form without the Employment part, like it will be cancelled or something.. is that true?

how long ago did you do the process?

Thanks again!

chris1983
Newly Registered

Post by chris1983 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:36 pm

We applied in January got temp stamp until 25th August, awaiting on RC. We never filled out the employment section, just made sure the reason for not filling was in the cover letter, for example you are in the process of looking for work. I'm sure a lot of applicants don't arrive with a job, so they expect it if you apply straight away. All the immigration people I've encountered always said about getting the application in as soon as possible because you will be in the system then.

I think its important to do things as quick as possible, but at the end of the day as long as they have all the documents when the decision is made that is all that matters. However sooner is better, because then you can get registered with the GNIB and get a temp stamp until your decision is due. Also with the GNIB the non-eu can work.

Just so you know, my wife never even got a stamp on entry to Ireland, we came via Ferry. Registered the entry a few days later at the main Dublin centre (with no stamp). Really those 30 days are meaningless once you use the EU free movement rights.

cheloz

Post by cheloz » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:53 pm

Thanks a lot Chris, this means a lot !
I did exactly as you said; didn't fill in the Employment section and wrote a nice cover letter that my wife (she's the EU citizen) is looking for a job, and that we have enough savings to sustain ourselves and that we will not use the welfare system

that sounds good?

Cheers!

chris1983
Newly Registered

Post by chris1983 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:02 pm

Sounds good. I hope it all works at well for you and your wife!

Chris

cheloz

Post by cheloz » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:34 pm

Hi,

we were in GNIB today, lined there from early morning, when we came to the counter, the said its the wrong place and we should've just sent all we have (EU1 form, marriage certificate etc) to the EU Treaty Rights by post or physically leave it there (which we then did)

when I asked whether we can stay if my wife doesnt find a job until 1st of july, they said no, I have to leave Ireland till 1st of July.

then an email from eutreatyrights said to me that I can remaind in the state while my application is ongoing, but how do i prove it ?

I guess you didn't have that experience Chris.:(

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:20 pm

cheloz wrote:then an email from eutreatyrights said to me that I can remaind in the state while my application is ongoing, but how do i prove it ?

I guess you didn't have that experience Chris.:(
1 July :?: What are they smoking :?:

Show them the Directive.

You can get up to speed on EU free movement rights here:
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/citizen/doc ... 013_en.pdf

Read the section about initial 3 months for starters.
- chapter 5
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

cheloz

Post by cheloz » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:42 pm

Yes thats why they said, at GNIB counter, even though they said they dont deal with it so theyre not absolutely sure.

And I called the Department of Justice, they said I got till 1st of July, unless I apply (send the documents I have so far, even though my wife isn't working yet), and when the EU Treaty Rights office lets me know that they received my documents and my application is ongoing, I should print that email and carry it with me.

I'm not sure about all this nonsense and I'm scared of overstaying, therefore I contacted an Immigraton lawyer and will make an appointment to set things straight on what and what not to do, because everyone seems to say various things and versions.

I already told the GNIB that I should have 3 months, they said no, also I said that to the Dept. of Justice on the phone, they also said no, that I specifically got 1 month, while the maximum is indeed 3.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:48 pm

cheloz wrote:Yes thats why they said, at GNIB counter, even though they said they dont deal with it so theyre not absolutely sure.

And I called the Department of Justice, they said I got till 1st of July, unless I apply (send the documents I have so far, even though my wife isn't working yet), and when the EU Treaty Rights office lets me know that they received my documents and my application is ongoing, I should print that email and carry it with me.

I'm not sure about all this nonsense and I'm scared of overstaying, therefore I contacted an Immigraton lawyer and will make an appointment to set things straight on what and what not to do, because everyone seems to say various things and versions.

I already told the GNIB that I should have 3 months, they said no, also I said that to the Dept. of Justice on the phone, they also said no, that I specifically got 1 month, while the maximum is indeed 3.
So people in GNIB who admit they don't know what they are talking about are misinforming you.

They are leading you up the garden path.
Read that pdf which is a layperson's guide to the EU Directive.

Crosscheck with lawyer by all means. Suggest choose one familiar with EU law.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.