ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need Naric ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sri23
Newly Registered

Do I need Naric ?

Post by sri23 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:28 pm

Hi,

I am a British citizen and my spouse is applying for spouse visa from India.

I have my spouse final degree certificate, final transcript and a letter from University confirming that the degree was taught in English.

Is this sufficient to meet English language criteria? If not, do I need to provide any NARIC certificate?

If yes, which one - the new NARIC site with Blue and Red route is confusing.

Thanks in advance

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: Do I need Naric ?

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:13 pm

sri23 wrote:Hi,

I am a British citizen and my spouse is applying for spouse visa from India.

I have my spouse final degree certificate, final transcript and a letter from University confirming that the degree was taught in English.

Is this sufficient to meet English language criteria? If not, do I need to provide any NARIC certificate?

If yes, which one - the new NARIC site with Blue and Red route is confusing.

Thanks in advance
Its not sufficient. It was quiet easy for my partner to pass IELTS life Skills A1 test in Pakistan which is valid for two years . She had MSC degree but I have seen some people having complication when try to satisfy English language requirement through NARIC route but if you wanna chose that route then these are requirements

You’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:

an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English

or
an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)

sri23
Newly Registered

Post by sri23 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:19 pm

Right, just to make it clear. My spouse is not in the list of majority English speaking countries but we have

- Original degree and transcript
- Letter from University confirming it was taught in English.

When I look at page 14-15 of this doc, it seems to imply I do not need a letter from Naric. Can someone please confirm?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf

If I indeed need one, can someone advise which one? There is blue and red route and it is confusing.

Regards

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:57 pm

sri23 wrote:Right, just to make it clear. My spouse is not in the list of majority English speaking countries but we have

- Original degree and transcript
- Letter from University confirming it was taught in English.

When I look at page 14-15 of this doc, it seems to imply I do not need a letter from Naric. Can someone please confirm?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf

If I indeed need one, can someone advise which one? There is blue and red route and it is confusing.

Regards
Why you dont ask your partner to pass this simple test IELTS LIFE SKILLS A1 which is much easier and will save you from confusion. Your partner is not from English speaking country so you definitely need NARIC if dont pass IELTS lifeskills A1..again this

" an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English"
according to Naric website
Blue route= work and study
Red Route= Visa/immigration/settlement

you need the English Language Assessment