ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa for newborn in India - docs and e-statements

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bsc2007
India

Dependent visa for newborn in India - docs and e-statements

Post by bsc2007 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:08 am

Dear friends,

My 21 days old daughter is applying for a Tier 2 dependent visa tomorrow from India. I have T2G visa and my wife has T2G dependent visa. We all are in India. I will return to UK day after tomorrow on 10th June and my wife and daughter plan to join soon thereafter. Can someone please confirm that the below documents are sufficient to support my daughter's application:

1. Completed online form (with CoS mentioned on it)
2. Her original passport
3. Copy of my complete passport (only 1st and last page didnt suffice last time for my wife's dependent application in 2014)
4. Copy of my biometric card front-back
5. Copy of my wife's complete passport
6. Birth certificate original
7. Marriage certificate original
8. Tenancy agreement original
9. Copy of CoS letter (I dont have original with me)
10. Original COLOUR PRINTS of my barclays bank account statements. These are very original like online statements which are EXACTLY SAME as the statements I receive by post. I am certain that they use this pdf uploaded online to send the paper statements. Furthermore, T2 Policy Guidance https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_2016.pdf says on page 45 that:
If you have submitted a specified document that:
 is in the wrong format; or
 is a copy and not an original document; or
 does not contain all the specified information, but the necessary information is verifiable
 other documents submitted with the application; or
 the website of the organisation which issued the document; or
 the website of the appropriate regulatory body,
we may approve your application exceptionally if we are satisfied that the specified
documents are genuine and that you meet all the other requirements. We reserve the
right to request the original documents in the correct format and to refuse your application
if the specified documents are not provided.

I am hoping to sort out the application and all myself tomorrow and save the new mum and the 21 days old kid from going through all the travel and application process when I am not with them. I sincerely hope the above documents and especially the bank statements are okay. Can someone please guide?

I dont have original bank statements and CoS letter with me in India - but I have these in UK.

I DONT KNOW WHETHER A TB CERTIFICATE IS NEEDED FOR SUCH A SMALL KID. I wouldnt have risked to take her to hospital under normal circumstances.

Any prompt help is highly appreciated.

Many thanks,
B

bsc2007
India

Re: Dependent visa for newborn in India - docs and e-stateme

Post by bsc2007 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:09 am

Regarding TB certificate, I have received the below reply:
Regarding your query, all children must see a clinician who will decide if
they need a chest x-ray. Children under 11 will not normally have a chest
x-ray. You must take your child to an approved clinic and complete a health
questionnaire. If the clinician decides your child doesn’t have TB they
will give you a certificate.
Which means I will have to take my daughter to the clinician..

I have another question. I have INR 85k+ maintained in my Indian INR account. I can take a statement from bank today with its stamp on every page. As I understand it, I just have to show GBP 630 or its equivalent, i.e., I dont have to show funds for myself and my wife - as we already have got our visa. Will such an Indian bank statement suffice? Early response appreciated - I am going to VFS tomorrow. 1GBP =INR100 or less according to oanda.com

Many thanks,
B