ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can we apply OCI for myself (father)& my daughter-same time

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SKJMR

can we apply OCI for myself (father)& my daughter-same time

Post by SKJMR » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:30 am

Hi,
I Have recently sent my BRP Card to home office and applied for my first british passport,once i get that i shall apply for surrender certificate of my indian passport. i am hoping it will be done within next 45 days.
my wife is on indian passport with ILR and will apply for naturlisation in next 3 weeks. my daughter (3 months old), has already got british passport

my question is:
1. can i apply for myself and my daughter OCI card at same time/same day? is it possible or do i need to wait until i get my OCI and then apply for my daughter OCI at later stage. the problem is if i apply for my daughter at later stage, and by that time if my wife gets her naturlisation through , then both parents will be british and it will be diffciult to get my daughter OCI because i heard that we need to provide hell lot of documents of grand parents, in this scenario is that right?
2. what if both parents got british passport and also OCI - can the child get OCI by just providing parents british passport and OCI,surrender certifcate, marriage certificate, child british passport and child uk full birth certificate.??
3. i cannot apply for her now, because i dont have my BRP ILR card, which i ahve sent to home office after my ceremony, which is a mandatory document to show at VFS appointment.

please advice? the best way possible.
we are visiting india in next 5 months and need to get all these british passport/oci sorted by then and also if i can apply together, i can save lot of money/trips to vfs/ holiday at work?

Thanks