ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sending away current passport with New Passport Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Haideez
Newly Registered

Sending away current passport with New Passport Application

Post by Haideez » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:50 pm

Hello all, I have a couple of quick questions -

I am Australian by birth but received Naturalisation in December 2015 but have yet to apply for my British passport. I have read the 'Applying for a passport' booklet from the HM Passport Office and the British passport application processing times thread on here but just wanted to clarify something -

I need to send my current (uncancelled Australian) passport away with my application, correct? As in the Check and Send service offered by the Post Office does not make a verified copy for me and give me back my passport I am assuming?

Also I noticed on the British passport application processing times thread on here that the 'Date of return of documents' is often much earlier than the new British passport being issued, am I right in assuming that my original (current) passport is part of those returned documents?

The reason I ask is I am looking to go away in July and I know it can take up to 6 weeks to receive the new British passport, but if I have my original current one I should be able to travel on that if it gets sent back sooner I'm hoping.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Sending away current passport with New Passport Applicat

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:02 pm

Yes, the passport is part of the 'supporting documents' that is returned.

Bear in mind that June/July is peak season at the passport office and delays can occur.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Haideez
Newly Registered

Re: Sending away current passport with New Passport Applicat

Post by Haideez » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:53 am

Thanks for the advice CR001, much appreciated.