ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

maximum time allowed aproval to cermeny

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jehan

maximum time allowed aproval to cermeny

Post by jehan » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:21 am

Hay anybody knows how much time HO allow you to after approval to ceremony, i mean what maximum time they allow you 1 month 2 or 3 month ,and if someone is abroad going should let them know while your application is under process please answer THANKS

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: maximum time allowed aproval to cermeny

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:28 am

If your application is successful and you are living in the UK, you will be invited to
attend a citizenship ceremony. You will receive an invitation letter from the Home
Office and this will confirm the local authority you should contact to arrange your
ceremony. We expect you to arrange to attend a ceremony within 3 months of
receiving your invitation otherwise it will expire and you will have to reapply for
naturalisation and pay a further processing fee

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... hanges.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jehan

Post by jehan » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:56 pm

i applied nationality in April but i have to go back my father is ill so it can take me to come back more then 2 months so shall i inform them or please tell me solution thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:20 pm

I suggest you someone to check your post while you're away and let you know if the approval letter arrives. You can then call the Council to book the ceremony for when you return. If you only submitted a BC application in April you may not have a decision for a while yet.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jehan

Post by jehan » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:12 pm

So you mean if my partner receive approval so we can call council and book longer dates as well 2 to 3 months ,once you book HO donot mind for longer dates or???????

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:17 pm

Doubtful, but's that's something you'll need to discuss with the Council who will be holding the ceremony when they send you the invitation letter. If you're only going to be away for 2 months, why are you concerned that the 3 month deadline will be missed when the BC application was only submitted in April? There may well be a 6 month wait before the application is decided/approved.

Edit: This link to a previous thread on the subject may help.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 85301.html
(Casa, not CR001)

jehan

Post by jehan » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:00 pm

actually i am taking my parents for hajj this years their applications approved by Saudi GOV and their ages are 70 so i am going with them and they are asking my passport for visa and it can take 40 days for visa application and 40 to 50 days for hajj that is my concern but my application is AN6(2) and MY WIFE AND kids are British and they will be here kids going school and i am going with my mum and dad. they(my MUM DAD) do not have a visa so i could apply from UK to Saudi Arabia for hajj that is my actual problem is. and they are asking for my passport to submit before 18 July 2016 from Pakistan so i have 1 and half month let see my luck are any advice you can give me according to my schedule ? thanks for this

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:11 pm

HO don't work accordingly to your schedule.

You will just have to wait till an approval etc is received and then make decisions from there.

We cannot guess how long your application will take and everything you need to do will be based on when you actually receive approval.

Perhaps you should have waited till AFTER your travels to apply for citizenship. :shock:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:12 pm

jehan wrote:actually i am taking my parents for hajj this years their applications approved by Saudi GOV and their ages are 70 so i am going with them and they are asking my passport for visa and it can take 40 days for visa application and 40 to 50 days for hajj that is my concern but my application is AN6(2) and MY WIFE AND kids are British and they will be here kids going school and i am going with my mum and dad. they(my MUM DAD) do not have a visa so i could apply from UK to Saudi Arabia for hajj that is my actual problem is. and they are asking for my passport to submit before 18 July 2016 from Pakistan so i have 1 and half month let see my luck are any advice you can give me according to my schedule ? thanks for this
I thought you said you had to leave as your father was ill? :? I was going to suggest that you might be given an extension under exceptional grounds, but I don't believe that a pilgrimage will qualify as such. I'm confused when you say that the Hajj is 40-50 days. This year it is from the 9th to the 14th September.
(Casa, not CR001)