ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Resend PR proofs with naturalisation application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kkseding
Newly Registered

Resend PR proofs with naturalisation application?

Post by kkseding » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:09 pm

Hello Gurus, I need some help here please...

I am a NON EEA family member of EEA.. I got my RC in March 2010, I applied for PR in April 2015 and was issued a PR Card in October 2015... From earlier discussions it appears that I would have acquired PR in March 2015 but only got its confirmation in October ( Please correct me if wrong ). However my question is, do I have to submit most of the documents that went with my PR application? I would also like to know what documents I need to submit please.

Thanks for your anticipated kind response(s).

noajthan

Re: Docs to submit with PR application

Post by noajthan » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:18 pm

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one) in (the most) appropriate forum(this one).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Re: Resend PR proofs with naturalisation application?

Post by Noetic » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:22 pm

I'd do a SAR to check when HO have your PR down unless you submit via NCS where they should be able to check by calling the home office.

In theory you should have attained PR in / before March 15 but home office don't always write this down correctly and in the application it's HO's date that counts.

So if you don't want to lose your application fee make sure you don't apply before having held PR a year *in the eyes of the home office*.

And you only need to send evidence of residence for your naturalisation application to show you have resided in the UK the past 5 years lawfully. If your passport gets stamped on entry to the UK that may be enough.

kkseding
Newly Registered

Post by kkseding » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:43 pm

Noetic wrote:I'd do a SAR to check when HO have your PR down unless you submit via NCS where they should be able to check by calling the home office.

In theory you should have attained PR in / before March 15 but home office don't always write this down correctly and in the application it's HO's date that counts.

So if you don't want to lose your application fee make sure you don't apply before having held PR a year *in the eyes of the home office*.

And you only need to send evidence of residence for your naturalisation application to show you have resided in the UK the past 5 years lawfully. If your passport gets stamped on entry to the UK that may be enough.

Thank you for your response. I have been visiting the UK ( on a visitors visa ) since May 2007 but came to settle in September 2009 and got my RC in March 2010. All these are evident on my first passport. I have travelled out of the UK on several occasions within this period ( not exceeding 2 months)and there are a number of border stamps.
Are you saying my passport alone satisfies the 'evidence of 5 years residence' ?

Thank you

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:03 pm

kkseding wrote:Hello Gurus, I need some help here please...

I am a NON EEA family member of EEA.. I got my RC in March 2010, I applied for PR in April 2015 and was issued a PR Card in October 2015... From earlier discussions it appears that I would have acquired PR in March 2015 but only got its confirmation in October ( Please correct me if wrong ). However my question is, do I have to submit most of the documents that went with my PR application? I would also like to know what documents I need to submit please.

Thanks for your anticipated kind response(s).
If you are married which is the latest date of:
  • date of your wedding to EEA spouse/sponsor
    date of your entry into UK;
    and date your EEA sponsor started exercising treaty rights in UK :?:
The 5th anniversary of that date is when you should have acquired PR.
(The date of your RC is somewhat irrelevant).

But as already mentioned, whether or not HO have the same date stored about you (in their CID databank somewhere in the bowels of HO HQ) is another question.

As to documents, the AN guidance is quite comprehensive.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:05 pm

Have a read through the form AN guidance, if your passport gets stamped it should be sufficient but by all means if you have P60s or a letter from your employer confirming you worked for them the last 5 years then include this too.

PR evidence was about proving your sponsor exercised treaty rights & your dependence on / relationship with the sponsor, naturalisation is about showing your commitment to the UK including your continued residence here. Also helps if said evidence proves that you didn't lose PR by leaving for > 2 years.

One quirk people can't stress enough is that you MUST have been physically in the UK on the day 5 years prior to the date HO receive your application.

kkseding
Newly Registered

Post by kkseding » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:26 pm

Thank you very much I very much appreciate.

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:13 am

Guys I got a small problem no one able to help me
Married EU in India 2006
Came to UK in May 2010 ( stamp in my passport)
Applied pr in May 2015 and was granted in December
Send my SAR application
Done my application for naturalism may 2016 and I was due to send it but recieved SAR and confirmed I was intiteled PR in October 2015 But in my passport so clear i entered UK in May 2010 therefore I was granted PR in May 2015
So this mistake from home office will effect my application
Or wait till October to send my application even thou got all the evidence which prove that I had PR since May 2015 not October 2015

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:20 am

Indianlonly wrote:Guys I got a small problem no one able to help me
Married EU in India 2006
Came to UK in May 2010 ( stamp in my passport)
Applied pr in May 2015 and was granted in December
Send my SAR application
Done my application for naturalism may 2016 and I was due to send it but recieved SAR and confirmed I was intiteled PR in October 2015 But in my passport so clear i entered UK in May 2010 therefore I was granted PR in May 2015
So this mistake from home office will effect my application
Or wait till October to send my application even thou got all the evidence which prove that I had PR since May 2015 not October 2015
Please continue in your own long running existing thread linked below. It is rude to just tag your question onto someone else's topic/thread.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1356516
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.