ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After ceremony ILR visaBRP cards should be cut or not to cut

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

marksha
Newly Registered

After ceremony ILR visaBRP cards should be cut or not to cut

Post by marksha » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:14 pm

Dear All,

I have received Naturalisation certificate on 6th June 2016 and about to return BRP cards.
Today morning I have contacted home office and they suggested not to cut the BRP cut and return as it is and home office.

From the following home office website indicates that we should cut the BRP into 2 pieces and then return it to the following address

Freepost RRYX-GLYU-GXHZ
Returns Unit
PO Box 163
Bristol
BS20 1AB

https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-c ... p-ceremony

Currently, I am not sure whether I should cut the BRP or not to cut the BRP and return to home office.

Does Anyone come across such scenarios in the recent months?

or else

Did you guys cut the ILR visa BRP card into 2 pieces and then return in a sealed envelope

Your response would be much appreciated
Kind Regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: After ceremony ILR visaBRP cards should be cut or not to

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:17 pm

The reason you are asked to cut the BRP before sending, is to ensure it can't fall into the wrong hands in the post. A cut BRP will be of no use to anyone.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

marksha
Newly Registered

Post by marksha » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:28 pm

Dear Casa,

Thanks for your quick response.

I will cut the BRP card into 2 pieces and then post on tmrw.

Kind Regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:35 pm

marksha wrote:Dear Casa,

Thanks for your quick response.

I will cut the BRP card into 2 pieces and then post on tmrw.

Kind Regards
Wise to to follow the written advice on the HO website. The 'help line' staff are well known for giving incorrect advice and take no responsibility for doing so. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.