ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 application supporting documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rebekah14
Newly Registered

MN1 application supporting documents

Post by Rebekah14 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:34 am

Hi,
I am preparing MN1 application for my son. I saw requirement for supporting documents :
If applying under section 1(3) (child born in the UK to parents who now at least one parent holds ILR), the following documents are required:

- Original full UK birth certificate for the child (with the ILR parent named on it).
- Original child passport (if has one).
- Parent's passport showing ILR / BRP. (photocopies of all pages are accepted)
- Marriage certificate (if child born before 2006).

But on the phone BC helpline staff told me all documents including parent's passport, BRP has to be original. As I am planning to travel during the process I would like to know which one to follow.

Please advise,

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 application supporting documents

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:58 am

The helpline is known for giving out incorrect advice.

Use the NCS service at your local council instead but if you apply by post on your own, you do not need to send originals of your documents but bear in mind that HO can request your originals and this can cause delays.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.