ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nationality application good character

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zub786786
Newly Registered

Nationality application good character

Post by zub786786 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:31 pm

Hay I am new to this site but it is very intersting, please i need help i stock in this country for sattlement but still illegal entry in enoing me a lot now coming to point

I came with agent in 1997 in UK after 7 years i find a partner and start living with her didnot marry applied in 2003 applied leave to remain with unmarried partner FLRO after a long delay Home office open file about 6 years in 2010 replied that the application which i submitted i think under dp93 some thing was ,i was illegal here rest of requirements like we didnot get any benefits didnot broke any law was complying with immigration law etc accept illegal entry application refused but sectry of state is granting discretionary 3 years again 3 years now i got ILR AND went for marriage they applied for Home office and got permission to marry with same partner now i registered marriage and want to apply nationality but good character says i was illegally entered so i entered in 1997 Home office admitted in their decision so 10 years ban should be till 2007 according to 9.5 chapter 18 annex D
2 they done delay in my case 7 years in deciding which was not my fault and my partner been supporting me through out that period please advice me shall i go for nationality application or not

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Nationality application good character

Post by ohara » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:18 am

The 10 year ban for breaching immigration law starts from the day you become legal, which from what I can make out from your post seems to be 2010. So under the good character requirement you wouldn't be eligible for citizenship until 2020.

Magarmach
Newly Registered

Post by Magarmach » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:29 am

Ohara is correct, your time starts from the day when your first "discretionary grant to remain" was given to you i.e. 2010. You can count 10 years from that date, so it will be sometime in 2020.

zub786786
Newly Registered

Post by zub786786 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:19 pm

but immigration breach is if you was working here without per mission or getting benefits or done given work illegally to some one or trying to help illegal people entering illegal is only offence you done on day you enter not like overstay where a person still on breach till realizes his or her stay in this country. there is difference between illegal entry and an overstayed
a person illegally enter in UK only that day is a breach according to Home Office law
A person is overstaying is breaching till leave country or regularize his stay as written in UKBA immigration offences.
please can you tell about this thanks
this reason they made chapter 18 annex B 9.5 FOR ILLEGAL ENTRY and 9.7 is for evading immigration control please can you answer on this thanks

zub786786
Newly Registered

Post by zub786786 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:00 pm

on same forum i seen so many people received questionnaire regarding( how they been living here without work or benefits )they proved that their family supporting them and they been approved by nationality team