ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

short gap between applications (long residence)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hurricane
Newly Registered

Re: short gap between applications (long residence)

Post by hurricane » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:25 pm

Hi
I came to uk in 2006. I m about to complete my ten years in 2016 May.I was going through my previous immigration history n found out that when I applied for student visa extension in 2007 I was refused once.basically my visa expired in 31/07/2007 I made a in time application on 30/o7/2007. Home office refused my application on 22/08/2007 then I resubmitted my application on 06/09/2007 n granted on 29/09/2007. Please can anyone tell me whether this will affect my lawful residence here in the uk. There is a gap of more than 28 days in between . Please if anyone has been through similar situation can you help.

Many thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:09 am

Should be okay because you made a successful leave to remain application within 28 days of the refusal.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hurricane
Newly Registered

Post by hurricane » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:21 pm

Thanks Vinny

hurricane
Newly Registered

Post by hurricane » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:20 pm

Hi Vinny

Are you sure because I am going to apply soon. Some people say that my 28 days would expire on 28/08/2007 but i only applied on 06/09/2007 and that would affect my chance.

Thanks

allegheny722
Newly Registered

Post by allegheny722 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:30 pm

Immigration gurus (this is regarding ILR),

I applied for a Tier 2 visa extension mid 2015 and Home Office sat on the application for 3-4 months awaiting for me to submit an additional fee on basis that my job was not on the shortage occupation list (EVEN THOUGH IT WAS).Upon receiving the request I submitted the paperwork to have the fee deducted from my account immediately but no amount was taken. After 3 months from the day I submitted the application and wIthout informing me that they were now going to decline my application, the HO wrote to my sponsor stating that I did not have the right to work. I did not have my passports nor any other documents returned at this point. As a desperate act I wrote to the Cardiff Office and they agreed to take the fee and process the application, subsequently issuing the Biometric Residence Permit from Nov 2016 as opposed to June 2016 thereby leaving a gap of over 4 months. Now I plan to apply for the ILR on the basis of long residency and question is can I use the 3C rule to compensate for this gap?

Thanks in advance.