ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel insurance for visitors

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raomvj

Travel insurance for visitors

Post by raomvj » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:49 pm

Hi all,

Can someone please answer my question?
My parents are coming to the UK on family visit visa and they will stay here for 4 months. Is travel insurance mandatory for them?

Thanks
Rao

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Trael insurance for visitors

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:57 pm

Extremely unwise to travel without medical cover. Any use of NHS facilities will be charged at 150% of the cost, amounting to several thousand pounds in some cases of hospitalisation. This included GP visits for minor medial issues. A member reported on the forum that they were facing a cost of £35,000 following the parent suffering a stroke while visiting in the UK with no medical insurance.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

raomvj

Post by raomvj » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:36 pm

Thanks Casa. I am buying travel insurance for them but they are travelling on Sunday since tomorrow is holiday they can't carry travel insurance with them. Should visitors carry travel/medical insurance?

Thanks
Rao

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:01 pm

Not it's not compulsory.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.