ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant visa - mention in principal applicant passport?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmppune

Dependant visa - mention in principal applicant passport?

Post by hsmppune » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:47 am

Hi Forum,

I just got my passports from the BHC. The good news is both me and my wife's passports are stamped. I had applied for my wife as my dependant.

Theres something funny which I noticed on the passports:

1) On my visa stamp, theres a column which says "No of Dependants", and it shows 0. Also, there are columns for dependant name, all of which are empty.

2) On my wife's visa stamp, it only says HSMP Dependant, and does not mention either my name or passport number.

This strikes me as odd, as there is no apparent relation between her and my passport.

Can people who have got spouse dependant visas earlier comment on this?

Any guidance would be appreciated. I am scared if theres something wrong with this I might have to start the processing again, for no fault of mine :(.

Waiting in anticipation.
Regards

vidya

Post by vidya » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:27 am

hi hsmppune

i am sure others who have got the stamping would be able to give you an idea about how theirs were stamped - i remember a post here 6 months back with a similiar query but it is better to get replied from current active members

But this definetely is not a big issue , so dont worry - go down to your vfs office or call them again - i am sure even if it is an error in stamping , they will do the needful ASAP and you will not have to reapply at all.

Congrats!

lion686

Post by lion686 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:34 am

hsmppune,

I suppose this is a miss from BHC, call them immediately and get it clarified..posts here might confuse you and may lead to waste in time..

dont wrry and al de best..

vidya,

This cud be a big issue, since if there is no relation between two passports how can a dependent relation exist..

lets wait for updates..
Lion

vidya

Post by vidya » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:58 am

hi lion

i fully agree with you that it is better for hsmppune to immediately contact BHC or VFS and get their advice rather than waiting for responses in our forum

But i still am inclined to feel this will be sorted out quickly and easily - his wife already has the visa - only thing is that their visas need to get linked to each other

hsmppune , does the personal details page on your passports contain each other's names under spouse - then i guess you might even be to use the stamped visas without each other details in the visa.

please do update us with BHC's feedback on this

pdeshpande

Post by pdeshpande » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:20 pm

Hi hsmppune,

Do not worry, since in my case too it is the same.

Regards,

pdeshpande

lion686

Post by lion686 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:23 pm

pdeshpande,

Its not about similarity in case, will it have any effect on the EC? or have you got any confirmation from BHC that its fine to have the visa stamped this way? pls clarify..
Lion

pdeshpande

Post by pdeshpande » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:21 pm

hi lion,

I think if the BHC does not have any issues in issuing the EC, why shud the immi. officer have any problem. Also, I have one similar instance with my relative. My wife's cousin sister also went on dependant visa with her maiden name on her old passport. So I dont think there will be any issues with it. Still, if hsmppune thinks there are any issues, then I think he should first clarify with BHC.

Regards,

pdeshpande

kmehta

Post by kmehta » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:25 pm

i got stamped passport today with same as yours case. my passport shows nil dependent

hsmppune

Post by hsmppune » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:42 pm

Hi kmehta,

Thanks for your response.

Can you please answer the following questions in your context:

1) Is her passport in her maiden name?
2) Do your passports endorse the fact that you are married to each other?

Regards
hsmppune

kmehta

Post by kmehta » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:13 pm

hsmppune,
actually we had amended her passport soon after marriage. so her passport carry name after marriage. and her name in her passport is itself mention that she has got married with me.
i also want one more help. i want to teach lesson to my consultant. dont know how. but due to his mis managed docs and misguided information on post dated and other info i have to wait for one whole month. please suggest something in topic i started

india2uk
Newly Registered

Post by india2uk » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:49 am

i got stamped passport yesterday with same as yours case. my passport shows nil dependent

chetanamale@gmail.com

Post by chetanamale@gmail.com » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:26 am

"Number of dependent zero means, in one passport only one can enter and no child (or even pet animals) will be allowed (earlier child didn't have a separate passport)

dependent's visa should read as "VISA TO ACC SPOUSE" & Just Dependents name. The stamp will have a VAF Number with which they will be able to track you. Moreover stamp will have file number at the bottom in ABCDF<<ABCDEF<<XXXXX<<<<<<< format and they with that they will track you "

This is the answer i could trace in "another " forum for same query.may be of any help thats why i pasted here...

Hsmp pune, please update with your findings with BHC, I'm sure many of us will be waiting to confirm the same.

hsmppune

Post by hsmppune » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:55 pm

Hi Chetan,

I have mailed VFS, BHC and BIA about this. So far got only a response from VFS. Here it is:

"Thankyou for your email to VFS. Addressing to your query,Please to inform you that you and your wife can travel on that visa.

We hope that this information is of help. Should you require any further assistance, please contact us at the below listed contact points."

I have also been trying to call BHC and BIA but have not been able to get through.

Will update as and when I have something new.

Regards

diamella
Newly Registered

Post by diamella » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:44 am

Don't worry. I am on a HSMP dependant VISA and it is exactly the same case as yours, and my maiden name is on the passport.

I have had the visa for more than 1 years and travelled in and out of the UK several times, either alone or with my husband. :lol:

hsmppune

Post by hsmppune » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm

Thanks diamella. First hand experience always inspires more confidence.

Also, can my wife enter the uk without me for the first time, if she lands a job earlier and needs to join before I am relieved from my current assignment?

Please guide.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:12 pm

hsmppune wrote:Thanks diamella. First hand experience always inspires more confidence.

Also, can my wife enter the uk without me for the first time, if she lands a job earlier and needs to join before I am relieved from my current assignment?

Please guide.
nope

The dependant cannot travel first before the primary applicant the when entering the UK on the HSMP visa the very first time....
Last edited by olisun on Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

diamella
Newly Registered

Post by diamella » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:15 pm

hsmppune wrote:Thanks diamella. First hand experience always inspires more confidence.

Please guide.
I entered the UK by myself for the first time and the lady did ask some questions about my husband when I passed the passport control.

But I am not sure if a dependant must enters the UK later than the Primary applicant.