ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa requirement

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pahadia
Ireland

visa requirement

Post by pahadia » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:09 am

Hi There,
I & my wife are non EU citizens. I have LTR & waiting for naturalization(since July 2006). My wife is in Ireland on spouse visa, she got GNIB stamp 3 and have PPS number.
She want to start looking for work. My understanding is that she is not eligible to work without work permit and we are doubtful if someone going to sponsor her work permit. Now my question is where in system Work visa/permit is enforced. I mean who checks if you have right work permit. Although I am legal for last 7 years but not a single employer bother to check my visa.

Also do you need work permit to work in any superstore ?

PS : We are not looking for any illegal means but want to avoid any hassle with immigration if we can.

Regards

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Re: visa requirement

Post by mktsoi » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:06 am

pahadia wrote:Hi There,
I & my wife are non EU citizens. I have LTR & waiting for naturalization(since July 2006). My wife is in Ireland on spouse visa, she got GNIB stamp 3 and have PPS number.
She want to start looking for work. My understanding is that she is not eligible to work without work permit and we are doubtful if someone going to sponsor her work permit. Now my question is where in system Work visa/permit is enforced. I mean who checks if you have right work permit. Although I am legal for last 7 years but not a single employer bother to check my visa.

Also do you need work permit to work in any superstore ?

PS : We are not looking for any illegal means but want to avoid any hassle with immigration if we can.

Regards
she will need a work permit to work in any job as long as she is non eu national. unless she has third level qualification that fits in to green card application. if she just trying to get a job to work into some clerical or job's in the supermarket. dont even think about that because the dept of enterprise would not issue any work permit to any non eu national for any job that doesnt requird skill. if you dont mind i ask, what status you had before you got your LTR? work authorization/work visa? if you have that, it might be easier for her to apply for a work permit.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:17 am

she can always apply for a 'spousal work permit' which is supposedly easier to get than the full work permit from Dept.of Trade and Enterprise

pahadia
Ireland

Post by pahadia » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:22 pm

if you dont mind i ask, what status you had before you got your LTR? work authorization/work visa? if you have that, it might be easier for her to apply for a work permit.
I was at Work Visa before LTR. How does it helps for her work permit. Could you please elaborate
archigabe wrote:she can always apply for a 'spousal work permit' which is supposedly easier to get than the full work permit from Dept.of Trade and Enterprise
I thought 'Spousal work permit' can only be applied once you have offer letter in your hand. Am i right ?

Huzain
Newly Registered

Post by Huzain » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:31 pm

You are right. But while appearing for interview, if you are smart enough you can explain prospective employer about spousal work permit. And I bet they would understand easily as Spousal Work Permit Doesn't cost anything money wise to employer or employee!