ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 general ilr- tax amended and paid 3 years ago

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kirankhalil75

Re: Tier 1 general ilr- tax amended and paid 3 years ago

Post by kirankhalil75 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:36 am

HI Abc499

Congrt on your ILR.

I think Home Office have HMRC database till Jan 2015, as you have dont amendment in 2013, so your record have in HMRC, problem come where people like me doing late filling or having amendments in 2016. so in that case Home Office cannot find data in there system and income doesn't match.

My initial application was on employment and extension was Director of LTD company and claim dividends........
i never done any amendments, paid corporation tax on time and no tax due the only problem is i did file my Self Assessments in March 2016, instead 2013....., as my accountant advise me you do not need to apply for UTR Number and filling tax return if your income is less then 42,000 GBP.

i am going to apply next month.. only on full-time employment basis .... still confused ...... shall i go for same day or postal ?

because if Home Office have HMRC data base till Jan 2015, then how they would see my Dividend income which i claimed from my Ltd Company as i am filling my Self Assessments in March 2016 ?

what do you think about this ?

cruis

Post by cruis » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:00 pm

Congratulations Abc499, well done! !

Lucky you. All the Best

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:32 pm

Thanks@ Cruis
kirankhalil75 wrote:HI Abc499

what do you think about this ?
Hi Kirankhalil75
I am not sure company director has to file self-Assessment or not but I see it seems to me that must need to file self-assessment. Because
Who must send a tax return
out all points below two there
# you were a company director - unless it was for a non-profit organisation (eg a charity) and you didn’t get any pay or benefits, like a company car
# you got dividends from shares and you’re a higher or additional rate taxpayer - but if you don’t need to send a return for any other reason

So may be accountant pick the 2nd one for you when he/she advise you that you do not need it. In practice I am not clear but in theory it seems all directors (in our case if there is dividend income).

I think UKVI case worker looking for the self-assessment because from that one point they are getting all the income no matter what is the source of income as probably self-assessment is something where all the income is declared there.

From applicant point of view i think, we need to represent in a way that whatever the income we claim in the applications everything taxed through HMRC.

Now after you submit the self-Assessment in March 2016, is that incurred your new tax liability or actually it’s just added on your assessment but there is no additional tax liability (I have no idea about dividend tax). If there is no new tax liability then probably case worker will easily consider that there is nothing that you tried to avoid tax even if the submission at late if you can represent in good way. If there is new tax liability then honestly it’s probably also could vary how the specific case worker will see it.

I think you can give a kind of summary like:
T1g to ILR 2016- earnings xxx- source: employment- all tax deducted from employment.
T1g extension 2013- earnings xxx- emp+com dividend- emp salary tax deducted from emp, divided from company, company corporation tax document provided.
T1g 2011 initial app- earnings xxx- emp+div-..........

It is something to give idea that all the earnings you claimed are taxed via HMRC. Personally I do not believe that case worker do not know much and work like computer (many of us think). Because when the handle hundreds of application they will become expert soon and will very much clear which document for what purpose. So rather than hiding anything probably it is always better to explain before they ask if there is anything obvious we think that they will see this.

Sometimes we also see the legal ground to fight that case worker must need to do this that but the problem is this legal grounds may be work where a third party will hear this and case worker probably work on their guideline, instruction and there on judgement, so it is better for us to try and represent in a way that could convince them and make them feel we are happy to help with the info that he/she require to make a decision.
About postal vs PEO tough to say which one to choose but I still believe postal little safe than PEO (unless someone threaten you for PEO). Somehow the trend changed now and no one want to wait, and we want instant outcome.
Update us when you get Approval. Good luck…

shanuk

Post by shanuk » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:56 am

Dear All,

Please provide details on below link:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1359302

Thanks

LEI30
Newly Registered

Post by LEI30 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:41 pm

Hi All And especially ABC 499

I submitted tax return in march 2014 for year 2012-13 and after 6 months applied for amendment and was amended by HMRC in dec 2014 that is within year which is lawful.

i applied at Premium servise and case worker asked me for any amendments and dates at appointmnet time i was not aware of dates. I supplied all SA302 which were updated by hmrc .all tacx paid even then CW kept my case and said will inquire with HMRC . Later on i contacted HMRC and got the dates whic were sent to HO its been four months and no response , what should i do ?

IS going to locall MP and requresting to inquire is worthfull?

what was results of all similar cases especilally ABC499? as mine is same as yours?
I am anxiously waiting as i need to travel abroad as my mother is sick.
Any suggestions wellcome

I heard they are giving refusals and not even giving appeal or JR?

Please reply

Frustratred :cry: :oops: :oops: