ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Access tp public funds and pregnancy.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ZD

Post by ZD » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:37 pm

Hi all.

My wife was granted a spouse visa last year from BHC Islamabad [Pakistan] and I have a couple of questions regarding access to public funds and an additional visiting visa for Europe. My questions are:

1] If my wife falls pregnant in the UK, will she have to pay for her scans and delivery of the baby? I understand no access to public funds prohibits my wife from claiming any benifit etc but am unsure regarding the pregnancy side of things.

2] I am planning a trip to Disneyworld Paris, can my wife apply for a visiting visa from the UK or will she have to apply for a visa from Pakistan?

Many thanks.

xen
Newly Registered

Post by xen » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:57 pm

Your wife is entitled to free NHS treatment for all different medical needs, including registering with a GP and midwife and getting maternity and birth support :)

I've got no idea about Disneyland and French visas though - sorry!

xen
Newly Registered

Post by xen » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:01 pm

Your wife is entitled to free NHS treatment for all different medical needs, including registering with a GP and midwife and getting maternity and birth support :)

I've got no idea about Disneyland and French visas though - sorry!

usauk62
Newly Registered

re: Paris Disneyland

Post by usauk62 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:45 pm

When living in the UK I never needed a visa to go to France
Cheers

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:04 pm

When living in the UK I never needed a visa to go to France
If you are a US Citizen, you wouldn't, but certainly a Pakistani citizen would need to obtain a Schengen visa before travelling to France, or any other Schengen area country.
John

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:40 pm

And she can get this from the French Embassy in the UK.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:29 pm

ZD wrote:2] I am planning a trip to Disneyworld Paris, can my wife apply for a visiting visa from the UK or will she have to apply for a visa from Pakistan?
See also Different types of visa issued by the French Consulate General and how to apply

If you're British, then use Spouse and children of an European Union citizen (excepting french citizen)

See also The Pregnancy Book 2007 and Birth to five: 2007 edition
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.