ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - when to submitt URGENT help needed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pti2323

Spouse visa - when to submitt URGENT help needed

Post by Pti2323 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:28 pm

Hello mods,

I have been taking your advise with any problem I have come across so far with my spouse visa application. We have hired a solictor - which i think now was a mistake as Solictor doesnt seem to know much.

My wife (sponsor) contract with school ends August 2016. We had sixth payslip on 27th april but solictor just delayed our case for no reason just because she was busy. Now she is saying we need to wait for the payslip of June so we are under the 28 days rule of financial documents, and apply in 1st week of july.

My question is wudnt it be a problem if we apply this late in july when the school session ends mid july and her contract ends August. From September she has a contract with another school.

Please help i just dnt want our time and all hefty visa fees to be wasted

SoHopeful

Re: Spouse visa - when to submitt URGENT help needed

Post by SoHopeful » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:19 am

It shouldn't be a problem, however it would help if she had details of the new contract. Is she an agency worker? If so, is there any chance the agency could provide a letter to state she will be in a new contract from Sept?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:59 am

Your solicitor is correct in advising that the most recent pay slips and corresponding bank statement must be no older than 28 days before the date of application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Pti2323

Post by Pti2323 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:37 am

SoHopeful wrote:It shouldn't be a problem, however it would help if she had details of the new contract. Is she an agency worker? If so, is there any chance the agency could provide a letter to state she will be in a new contract from Sept?
No she is not with agency. She would start withna different school this September. She already has the new contract, we can attach that contract along with a letter saying that from september onwards shenhas secured a new job above the minimum income threshold.
Casa wrote:Your solicitor is correct in advising that the most recent pay slips and corresponding bank statement must be no older than 28 days before the date of application.
Yes casa i understand that - her last payslip is dated 27 May but Solictor isnt using that one saying she wouldnt be free in those 28 days starting 27 May

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:55 am

Any reason why you can't submit on your own or that you have to use a solicitor? It is not a difficult application to make.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Pti2323

Post by Pti2323 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:01 am

CR001 wrote:Any reason why you can't submit on your own or that you have to use a solicitor? It is not a difficult application to make.
My better half is just scared we wud make a silly mistake and application being refused. Now that we have this situation of submitting application two months before contract expiry we are both panicking big time. And the solicitor doesnt have any firm answers to our queries. Thats why as a reassurance and to reason with the solictor i come here to know about specific issues

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:07 am

The decision is yours on whether you get all your paperwork and do it your self or just keep complaining about the lack of progress from a solicitor.

As an aside, using a solicitor does not guarantee success. It only costs you more money. Free help available here on the forum. Your choice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.