ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturlisation Application Biometric

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

elizabethgrantsmith
Newly Registered

Naturlisation Application Biometric

Post by elizabethgrantsmith » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:46 am

I submitted a joint Naturalisation and Passport application on 6th May 2016. The payment was deducted on 25th May 2016 for both passport and Naturalisation. But I have not received the Biometric yet. I am just wondering is this normal? For a friend of mine he received biometric after 2 weeks.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Re: Naturlisation Application Biometric

Post by Noetic » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:58 am

Have you received any acknowledgement eg email? Usually a letter and biometrics letter are sent around the time money is taken, both in the same envelope. Sometimes you also get an email but it seems quite sporadic as many people don't get the acknowledgement emails.

Some people have had luck contacting NationalityBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk if the letter was either wrong eg wrong name or not received, but unless you know your home office reference number I'm not sure they'll be able to track your application or check if something was sent to the wrong address.

elizabethgrantsmith
Newly Registered

Post by elizabethgrantsmith » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:07 am

Noetic wrote:Have you received any acknowledgement eg email? Usually a letter and biometrics letter are sent around the time money is taken, both in the same envelope. Sometimes you also get an email but it seems quite sporadic as many people don't get the acknowledgement emails.

Some people have had luck contacting NationalityBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk if the letter was either wrong eg wrong name or not received, but unless you know your home office reference number I'm not sure they'll be able to track your application or check if something was sent to the wrong address.
I have not received an e-mail. Neither any acknowledgement letter. I also do not have a Home office Reference Number. What I have noticed is they have deducted fees for both Passport and Naturalization application. Do you know where should I contact?

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:04 pm

It can't hurt to try the email address I supplied above, or ring the home office helpline (although general consensus is be very wary of any advice given there are they are useless).

If they took the money it obviously arrived but it seems odd that it's taking this long! If you have a visa or DCPR number that you used on your application use this in the email.

They usually send the confirmation letter and biometrics letter around the same time as money is taken, so if they took it a month ago you should probably have had the letter by now, if they only just took it your letter is probably on its way.