ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

no wrs, no ehic, no csi - any chance for PR?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yolka
Newly Registered

no wrs, no ehic, no csi - any chance for PR?

Post by yolka » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:16 pm

hi,
would very much appreciate if somebody could help me clarify my case:

Im A8 national, came in UK in 2006 - registered with WRS, but didnt change the name of employer, within first 12 months, so this count for nothing,
-worked 2006-2009 (illegaly apparently because no up to date WRS)
-studied full time 2009-2012 but no CSI or EHIC - during that time 2010-11 spent in Spain as student (Erasmus)
-back to work in 2012 (August) - ongoing,

with the brexit being more and more probable I started to wander about applying for PR - thought I could apply now since its been five years counting from May 2011 when the WRS has been scrapped, but now not sure from when should I be counting - 2011 or 2012?

will be grateful for any halp,
thanks!

LilyLalilu

Re: no wrs, no ehic, no csi - any chance for PR?

Post by LilyLalilu » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:18 pm

Did you have a residence card issued to you as a student before 20th June 2011? If so you could invoke the transitional arrangement and would not need CSI.

Not sure how old you are but were your parents in the UK as well and exercised treaty rights? Then you could try and claim as their dependent if you were under 21 (or if financially dependent on them also if you were over 21).
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:37 pm

yolka wrote:hi,
would very much appreciate if somebody could help me clarify my case:

Im A8 national, came in UK in 2006 - registered with WRS, but didnt change the name of employer, within first 12 months, so this count for nothing,
-worked 2006-2009 (illegaly apparently because no up to date WRS)
-studied full time 2009-2012 but no CSI or EHIC - during that time 2010-11 spent in Spain as student (Erasmus)
-back to work in 2012 (August) - ongoing,

with the brexit being more and more probable I started to wander about applying for PR - thought I could apply now since its been five years counting from May 2011 when the WRS has been scrapped, but now not sure from when should I be counting - 2011 or 2012?

will be grateful for any halp,
thanks!
My understanding is, you would have had to have been in UK sometime in 2011 to use 2011 as the start of your PR clock (after WRS ended in April 2011).

How long was your Erasmus placement for exactly? (and start date/end date?)

Otherwise it looks like your PR clock started in 2012 with work (if applying in your own right).

As suggested, see if you were a family dependent. Maybe from as early as 2006 (?).

That may just save your bacon because, with an EEA sponsor, your activity in UK would be immaterial (so that means no WRS or CSI would have been required);
always assuming your EEA sponsor was a worker or self-employed.

And have you enjoyed any other prolonged absences from UK since 2006?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

yolka
Newly Registered

Post by yolka » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:18 pm

hi guys,
thanks for quick reply!

As to residence card - didnt apply for it as I was assessed as home student (being in UK as worker for 3 years prior to university course) and thought it want make any difference if I had it or not..
I was studying as mature student, supporting myself with student loan.
I went on Erasmus exchange for one academic year Sep 2010 - June 2011. I was working for summer period 2010 for 2 months, but no work in 2011.
If the clock for PR would start for me from the Sep 2012 (first work after uni course), that would mean I could apply for PR in Sep 2017 (if UK is still in EU) - should I provide HO with all the documents from 2006 (not valid WRS, graduation certificate itd) or just dont mention it at all and start with P60 from 2012?

thanks once again for help !

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:37 pm

yolka wrote:hi guys,
thanks for quick reply!

As to residence card - didnt apply for it as I was assessed as home student (being in UK as worker for 3 years prior to university course) and thought it want make any difference if I had it or not..
I was studying as mature student, supporting myself with student loan.
I went on Erasmus exchange for one academic year Sep 2010 - June 2011. I was working for summer period 2010 for 2 months, but no work in 2011.
If the clock for PR would start for me from the Sep 2012 (first work after uni course), that would mean I could apply for PR in Sep 2017 (if UK is still in EU) - should I provide HO with all the documents from 2006 (not valid WRS, graduation certificate itd) or just dont mention it at all and start with P60 from 2012?

thanks once again for help !
A RC would have made a huge difference now but no use crying over spilt milk.

If PR clock only started in 2012 it will have to run until 2017. Yes, assuming no Brexit etc etc.

Have you looked into the question of an EEA sponsor :?:
You will have to provide their evidence of exercising treaty rights if you do have a suitable sponsor;
(with a sponsor, what you did doesn't matter).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

yolka
Newly Registered

Post by yolka » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:18 pm

unfortunately no sponsor whatsoever.
Will try then be optimistic and wait for 2017 and maybe PR in 2018 with the 6 months waiting time..

big THANKS guys!