ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirement post April 2016

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rootcause1984
Newly Registered

English language requirement post April 2016

Post by rootcause1984 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:01 pm

Hi

Could you please clarify my query on the english language requirement part.

I have got ILR last year through tier 1 route.I am yet to apply naturalisation,i have Masters of Business Administration taught in english from Indian university.

1.Do i still need to UKNARIC compulsory?
2.Can i select settlement question?is this enough?
3.Do i need to get any letter from my indian university along with UKNARIC certificate as well?
4.I have Bachelor degree and Masters degree, do i need to get UKNARIC for both or just Masters is enough?

thanks in advance.

bmaru

Re: English language requirement post April 2016

Post by bmaru » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:57 pm

Hello,

Can any one reply please?

Regards,

bmaru.

uk2k10
India

Post by uk2k10 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:42 am

Hi

I was in the same situation and I have got ILR last year through tier 1 route, applied naturalisation via NCS.

1.Do i still need to UKNARIC compulsory?
I did my application recently and was confused like you;
Initially the lady at NCS said she needs a NARIC certificate despite it being mentioned in Guide that we do not need it, she said there has been a policy change.

When I insisted she called the Home Office to check who checked my BRP card (via entering BRP card number in their system) and confirmed I have proved my english and is ok to take my application without the NARIC certificate

If you have time its better to get NARIC certificate but I do not think it is mandatory.

I am saying by experience, I am not an expert.

3.Do i need to get any letter from my indian university along with UKNARIC certificate as well?
Only NARIC is enough

4.I have Bachelor degree and Masters degree, do i need to get UKNARIC for both or just Masters is enough?
only Maters

bmaru

Post by bmaru » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:34 am

Thanks for the reply.

I have received same answer for question 1 from ncs brent council.i have used old pbs printout + Degree Certificate.

vjvjvj
Newly Registered

Post by vjvjvj » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:52 am

Hi,

I as well applied last week and had already proved English Language requirement during my ILR last year on 10th May 2015, but NCS wanted a NARIC letter after insisting they called Home Office and they accepted that without much fuss then.

I cannot believe NCS don't know about this already, and this is all money making stuff, when Home Office have clearly mentioned people applying for naturalization who have already proved English Language requirement during ILR after 23rd Oct 2013 don't need to prove again.

Why we should waste single penny more on something we don't need to on getting NARIC letter etc.